Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

When is Qantas going to cancel November flights?

woodyren

I would be keeping an eye on your QFF account to monitor the booking status. Just in case the cancellation email goes astray.
Yes. That is what I am doing. I just found it strange that us as yet still showing.

Reactions: DC3

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I'm also waiting for my flights over Christmas to be cancelled...
False alarm - I thought an email from QF last night was the eagerly awaited cancellation but it was just a 5 minute retiming of my domestic connecting flight, not even enough grounds for me to request for the whole booking to be cancelled and refunded...

Lynda2475

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Just awaiting cancellation so I can get a refund for the flight purchased through Amex travel using their $450 travel credit.
This is also my situation, I booked SYD-HNL via Amex for DEC during the DSC to use my $450 voucher - am hoping that:
1. Amex refund the voucher and the cash component or
2. Qantas issue a flight credit with DCS for the total value (unlikely but my preferences)

woodyren

This is also my situation, I booked SYD-HNL via Amex for DEC during the DSC to use my $450 voucher - am hoping that:
1. Amex refund the voucher and the cash component or
2. Qantas issue a flight credit with DCS for the total value (unlikely but my preferences)
Amex travel told me once the flight was cancelled they would refund me the ticket cost including the $450 value of the voucher used toward the ticket.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
There’s no financial advantage for QF in cancelling flights. Cancellations are being slowly rolled out.

Happy Trails

Established Member
My November 3rd booking, SYD-HKG-BKK, is still confirmed in both the QF and CX systems.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
False alarm - I thought an email from QF last night was the eagerly awaited cancellation but it was just a 5 minute retiming of my domestic connecting flight, not even enough grounds for me to request for the whole booking to be cancelled and refunded...
False alarm again - another email from QF this morning to accept a change to the return domestic connecting flight which has been cancelled but the only other option is for me to cancel the whole booking for a credit and not a full refund...

Last edited:

GILLSPILL

I received confirmation today that our flight on 30 October Dubai to Sydney has been cancelled, triggering cancellation of all our booked flights. We have been told that a full refund will be made but it will take at least 12 weeks before it is paid to our card. To be honest, we are just relieved that the refund has been agreed and are in the fortunate position of being able to wait. It looks like Qantas are just starting to deal with the next block of cancellation dates.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
It looks like Qantas are just starting to deal with the next block of cancellation dates.
Or it may just be that Emirates has recently filed changes to their operations including SYD:

Welcome to AFF!

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
QF have extended the fee free cancellation of classic rewards, so we were able to pull the pin on our flights to and from the US for Christmas without penalty.

HappyFlyerFamily

Established Member
False alarm again - another email from QF this morning to accept a change to the return domestic connecting flight which has been cancelled but the only other option is for me to cancel the whole booking for a credit and not a full refund...
Wouldn’t that be enough to ask for a full refund of your Xmas itinerary? Or has the process changed? No suitable alternative triggers the refund, perhaps a call to Qantas is in order where they will offer you sweeteners to get flight credits instead.

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
No suitable alternative triggers the refund, perhaps a call to Qantas is in order where they will offer you sweeteners to get flight credits instead.
I should have added that I was moved to a later domestic connecting flight on my return...

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
... QF have extended the fee free cancellation of classic rewards, so we were able to pull the pin on our flights to and from the US for Christmas without penalty. ...
Points should back within a week.

With a bit of luck you may get the +++ back by Christmas.

LadyC

Established Member
QF have extended the fee free cancellation of classic rewards, so we were able to pull the pin on our flights to and from the US for Christmas without penalty.
Did you do the cancellation over the phone or on the internet? Just wondering how smooth the fee free aspect of the process is.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16