What's your prediction on the Australian Dollar?

Foreigner

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Sitting on 1.0373 as I write.

I'd like it as low as possible...the quicker the better.

I just scraped in having purchased my cash and cash card for my US trip before it dropped too far. Have prepaid most of my hotel stays for the next month so hopefully wont be too adversely affected if it drops a bit more.

A bit higher wouldn't be too bad though.

My guess is it could reach as low as 0.95 against the USD.
I've tried to prepay my US trip as well but some of my prepaid bookings such as for Marriot have not appeared on my card yet and I booked them days ago!

You need to predict how the Chinese economy goes.If it crashes the Little Aussie battler goes down with it.

Just got my old crystal ball out of the chicken shed, cleaned it up and its working again, it thinks the AUD will be strong against the greenback for most of this year, so as i have a trip in Aug with Mrs Lime to USA and not booked anything domestic yet and as an importer I'm happy about that (if true). In reality most financial experts are thinking the AUD will remain strong and as usual have its ups and downs but not by a lot.

And I am flying out Anzac Day and then again in early July! ;)

Seriously though I wish I could prepay most of my trip but it is not possible. I will be looking to see if any Thai bank will let me open an account where I can dump a whole lot of AUD into it for future trips when the AUD is strong.

I noticed the USD $1.044 recently at the foreign exchanges and I probably should have hedged at that rate but for the short term I am prepared to risk that the AUD is going to remain strong....

IMHO the AUD has been above $1 for a while apart from a small dip a few months ago.

Who knows what Europe is going to do to the exchange rate

IMHO the AUD has been above $1 for a while apart from a small dip a few months ago.

Who knows what Europe is going to do to the exchange rate

It was at .93 March 2010, it's rarely gone longer that 12 months above parity.

Seems very few have the crystal ball. I have personal interest in seeing a really weak Aussie.

My guess is it could reach as low as 0.95 against the USD.
I've tried to prepay my US trip as well but some of my prepaid bookings such as for Marriot have not appeared on my card yet and I booked them days ago!

I have noticed with Pullman bookings in BKK that they not appear on my CC until about a month before my stay. Beats the purpose of instant purchase rates.

No.................!
Sorry! I knew you had already booked your flights but early July was the only time I could go. Next trip after that will be early October and then Boxing Day looks like being the last trip of the year.

I have noticed with Pullman bookings in BKK that they not appear on my CC until about a month before my stay. Beats the purpose of instant purchase rates.
I have noticed a lot with most hotel chain bookings overseas. Sometimes I would love the rate to be locked in but perhaps someone at the hotel is monitoring exchange rates to try and make a couple of dollars. ;)

$10,000,000 more of them in my bank account after next week's Oz Lotto draw. :p

There are a number of support levels it has to break in order to return to its traditional values.

While our retail sector isn't performing that's going to cause pressure on the aud.

I would estimate that since the US econometric is picking up and China is slightly slowing down in purchase of Aussie resourses we could slowly return to traditional values.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AustFreqFly

Any day it's over 80 cents, 50p & 6HKD is a good day.....too many memories of it being way less than these numbers.

At the moment I am hoping it stays high as I am slowly moving money back home. When we arrived here about 5 years ago from Europe it was about 60cents now it is close to 80cents

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back