What's the link between PP and Club Hotel?

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by swanning_it, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. swanning_it

swanning_it Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I noticed at the bottom of the latest PP newsletter, their contact email is pp-customerservice@clubhotel.com so I was wondering what the link is between PP and Club Hotel.

I can't see any great link, but plenty of IHG hotels come up. Is PP owned by Club? If so, do we get any Club privileges with a PP membership?

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    That's the company that lies to you on the phone on behalf of IHG. They also run the Starwood and Marriott dining program's on behalf of those companies.

3. thatsthatmattressman

Sep 10, 2012
    I just flicked through that site ...very strange hodge podge (and very few properties generally) of hotels!

They seem to run these programs regionally and the clubhotel one is one they are running themselves (as opposed to something like PP where they are running it on behalf of IHG) and Voila where they are in fact the back office of the program itself .. generally, they administer. It really is more or less old school outsourced database marketing I reckon ..

Hospitality Marketing Concepts

4. swanning_it

swanning_it Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I guess I struggle a bit with the whole "dining card" concept. if a loyalty scheme was fair dinkum, it would include a dining card type of benefit. I know these dining schemes attract non-stayers, but obviously a lot of hotels don't see the benefit of them (look at the Hilton Hotels that opt in to Club Hotel).

I was also wondering if we as PP members, get benefits from the other "hodge podge" hotels listed as they mention "complementary" club Hotel membership with a local membership, but then the list of local memberships doesn't list PP. All a bit strange given PP covers additional countries like China and the Philippines that we apparently do gain local benefits despite it not being defined. Well, I'm confused at least! (and it looks like Club Hotel has nothing to do with Hotel Club)