What cheeses me off

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just cancelling internet with iinet. Got the spiel about we're sorry blah blah and I said I am already connected to the new provider.

So then I get bombarded with emails and texts about a reference number for when I move and offering me deals on phone deals.

FFS
 
Just cancelling internet with iinet. Got the spiel about we're sorry blah blah and I said I am already connected to the new provider.

So then I get bombarded with emails and texts about a reference number for when I move and offering me deals on phone deals.

FFS

Try calling Optus to cancel a service… they will fight tooth and nail to convince you to keep a service they can see has no usage. The rep will hang up on you rather than having to cancel a service with their login.
 
Try calling Optus to cancel a service… they will fight tooth and nail to convince you to keep a service they can see has no usage. The rep will hang up on you rather than having to cancel a service with their login.
Oh yes. We'd switched to Telstra after the great Optus fail. For internet. Told them we didn't need so much data. Tried to reduce price with - heaps more data 🤦‍♀️. Then finally agreed to cancel. She looked at our usage as we still had the mobile phones. She commented - oh, you don't use much data do you! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.

I knew it would be pain to cancel over the phone and the Optus booth won't do cancellations so I did it in a shopping mall which constrained me from raising my voice and swearing.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top