Not open for further replies.
G

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Effective April 1, 2005

Over limit fee: $25 -> $30
Foreign currency fee: 1.0% -> 1.5%
cash advance : $50 tops -> $150 tops
min payment 3% -> 2%

foreign currency is what hits me hard. guess this baby is stickly purely to AU purchases only now!

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Yup gets pretty bad for forex. The other day in SIN, cashed in some A$ for an exhange rate of 1.27:1, at a forex booth. On the same day spent some on the Westpac card, and it came through at 1.245:1. And that's before it moved from 1 to 1.5%. Someones making some serious $$$ somwhere along the way.

Kiwi Flyer

Ouch. :x Am I right in thinking the 1.5% is on top of the currency charge by visa/mastercard?

Kiwi Flyer

BTW in NZ the commerce commission (or is that the banking ombudswoman?) is investigating currency charges. The immediate reaction of the banks was to disclose on the statements the charge - better than before where you had to ring up to find out (wasnt even on the website). I guess they wont reduce the charge unless the commission/ombudswoman finds against the banks.

G

Kiwi Flyer said:
BTW in NZ the commerce commission (or is that the banking ombudswoman?) is investigating currency charges. The immediate reaction of the banks was to disclose on the statements the charge - better than before where you had to ring up to find out (wasnt even on the website). I guess they wont reduce the charge unless the commission/ombudswoman finds against the banks.

What banks display the forex fee separate? I know commonwealth do... have not seen it as a separate charge for the others?

Kiwi Flyer

Not shown separately as in amount, rather a paragraph added saying x% fee by MC/V plus x% fee by bank (or else total fee).

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
This was a trasaction using a Westpac (BOM) Debit Visa last weekend.
Code:
7 Mar 2005    VISA CASH ADVANCE WBC DOWNTOWN A/*WBC DO AUCKLAND NZ NZD 40.00    37.59
At least they do not charge a $5 additional fee like the ANZ.
Code:
04/03/2005 PLUS ATM TRANSACTION FEE                                       $5.00 
04/03/2005 ATM ANZ /DOWNTOWN #N #AUCKLAND FOREIGN CURRENCY AMT NZD 40.00 $38.07

Both withdrawals on the same day within 2 hours. Same amount, different costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.