We value your feedback on your last domestic flight

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by QF WP, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I just got this email - my last domestic flight was on 8 May MEL/BNE (a JASA).

Who else has received this?

I'll report back on any interesting questions or answers.

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I did comment that I disliked having to ring up CS to book my JASA, when previously I could do online

I did think about the PB thread when I read this one...

They won't like the answer to this question, but they need to hear it:

They did ask for status levels on both VA and QF.

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Now we all have differing opinions on how to split the tokens, but mine are 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 0 and 2.

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I did give them this parting commentary:

Often I will fly one way on QF and the return on VA (or vice versa), as I have a Best Fare On the Day travel policy overlaid with appropriate schedule and seating (as a VA Plat I get Row 3 & 4 access; whereas QF being only Gold I get from ~Row 7/8). That has affected the way that I have answered the questions.

For year now, I have flown enough to achieve QF Gold (status sufficient to access appropriate forward seating for me) and put all other flying to Virgin (where I can achieve Platinum - something I couldn't achieve putting the majority of flying with QF). Using VA, I have the use of family pooling [status credits and points] as I am the one that needs the status and uses the points. That is something taht QF doesn't offer.

That's not to say that QF doesn't have more appropriate areas - indeed you do. Your website is waaay ahead of VA's (apart from the taking away of the ability of booking Any Seats Awards at Classic rates, on the website). Your lifetime status is something VA don't have (and have no desire to emulate), so that keeps me loyal to QF.

5. Cat207

Cat207 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    GLT
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had one on 8 May but it was by Australia Online Research. Same questions by the look, though.

6. Sdtravel

Sdtravel Established Member

Dec 8, 2013
    I got a few of these from my last few flights
    I let it rip about the flight delay where we had no idea what was happening and boarding kept getting changed.

BUt yeh, have got a few in recent months. Doesnt look like its every flight i get them for

7. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

I got an email from a JQ service provider, at least they up front mentioned on the email that they are a separate company.
    And of course, because this was my first JQ flight, in the current "wow" situation, and the thrill of that flight I took that weekend, I filled in the "survey" about 15 mins it took.
    Never had one from QF though have had one from VA.

8. Spongbob

Spongbob Active Member

Sep 11, 2011
    #8 Spongbob, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    I think you have to be invited (?) to be on a QF customer review panel (or something like that) to be asked to complete the survey. I got one for a flight xMEL on 10/11 April. On the 10th I had 1 reschedule & 2 cancellations (QF arranged for overnight accommodation at the Hilton). The early morning flight on the 11th was delayed by about 3 hours (2 plus hours with full pax on the taxi-way). Given the numerous delays & cancellations on the 10th, I was surprised QF wanted feedback "on my recent flight experience".

9. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    Justin Hyams has confirmed that ASA's won't return in the form that they were in (easily booked online etc).

10. crdtez

crdtez Junior Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A bit off topic, but on my last trip back from Singapore on QF6 the CSM came through the cabin asking random passengers if they could fill out a hardcopy survey. The questions were pretty much the same.

11. BAM1748

BAM1748 Senior Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sydney
    I receive an email after about every second flight asking for feed back, which I give bluntly and to the point.

They ask at the end do you want someone to contact you about your responses.....when ever I say yes they try once and leave a voice mail for me but, never leave a return number and I don't get a call back. Which shows where I fit in the scheme of things. :evil:

Matt

12. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Well, is it merely coincidence, but I have just received an email from VA about the corresponding flight BNE/MEL on the same date.

Merely a coincidence :eek:.