WARNING: ANZ Rewards Points => Kris Flyer Miles: No Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIA1A

Early in May I did an online redemption of ANZ Rewards Points for Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Miles (4,000 points => 2,000 miles).

The online process appeared to operate smoothly and automatically - I received an instant email back saying that the miles would arrive within 3 business days.

Well, more than two weeks later nothing has happened. The Kris Flyer account has not been updated.

I called the ANZ Rewards Service Centre but experienced severe reluctance from the staff to do anything about this. I have escalated the problem to senior management and after a number of calls, I think I may be getting some sort of traction.

However, I simply don't trust the system or the complaints resolution process. All the time I am being made to feel that there's nothing that can be done and there's an undercurrent suggesting that I am lying.

I also contacted the ANZ Bank's compliants hotline but was advised that ANZ Rewards is nothing to do with the ANZ Bank and that ANZ Bank cannot even make phone calls from its complaints department to external organisations. Whaaaat?

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Bottom line is that my ANZ Rewards points are gone and there's nothing to show for it.

In the meantime, I think I will avoid using the ANZ Rewards card and stick with a more tried-and-trusted card provider that has never let me down.

I think the Rewards are outsourced to Pinpoint marketing, so it really is the Rewards Centre that you need to deal with. Not sure what their dispute resolution procedure is though (looks like there might not be one)

I also contacted the ANZ Bank's compliants hotline but was advised that ANZ Rewards is nothing to do with the ANZ Bank

Except that is using (and in this instance tarnishing) the ANZ brand, and is obviously contracted to carry out a certain function by ANZ. But hey, when you're a bank (and therefore have a tarnished brand by the fact you are bank, with a few notable exceptions) - what does it matter?

Dispute resolution (start with the Rewards Centre (in writing), then through the Banks procedures):

Disputes

34. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for rewards or the
eligibility of Reward Points for accrual or reward will be resolved
by us at our sole discretion. All enquiries regarding rewards
statements must be made within 90 days of the date of the
statement. Otherwise, any questions or disputes must be brought
to our attention within 12 months of the incident first giving rise
to the question or dispute.

35. All questions or disputes must be submitted in writing to the
Rewards Centre and, where relevant, be accompanied by a legible
copy of the relevant sales receipt or card account statements.

36. If you are not satisfied with our response to your question or
dispute, you may access our complaints handling procedure,
which is set out in the ANZ Credit Card Conditions of Use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back