WARNING: ANZ Rewards Points => Kris Flyer Miles: No Go

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by SIA1A, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. SIA1A

SIA1A Member

May 23, 2007
    Early in May I did an online redemption of ANZ Rewards Points for Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Miles (4,000 points => 2,000 miles).

The online process appeared to operate smoothly and automatically - I received an instant email back saying that the miles would arrive within 3 business days.

Well, more than two weeks later nothing has happened. The Kris Flyer account has not been updated.

I called the ANZ Rewards Service Centre but experienced severe reluctance from the staff to do anything about this. I have escalated the problem to senior management and after a number of calls, I think I may be getting some sort of traction.

However, I simply don't trust the system or the complaints resolution process. All the time I am being made to feel that there's nothing that can be done and there's an undercurrent suggesting that I am lying.

I also contacted the ANZ Bank's compliants hotline but was advised that ANZ Rewards is nothing to do with the ANZ Bank and that ANZ Bank cannot even make phone calls from its complaints department to external organisations. Whaaaat?

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Bottom line is that my ANZ Rewards points are gone and there's nothing to show for it.

In the meantime, I think I will avoid using the ANZ Rewards card and stick with a more tried-and-trusted card provider that has never let me down.

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think the Rewards are outsourced to Pinpoint marketing, so it really is the Rewards Centre that you need to deal with. Not sure what their dispute resolution procedure is though (looks like there might not be one)

3. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Except that is using (and in this instance tarnishing) the ANZ brand, and is obviously contracted to carry out a certain function by ANZ. But hey, when you're a bank (and therefore have a tarnished brand by the fact you are bank, with a few notable exceptions) - what does it matter?

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Dispute resolution (start with the Rewards Centre (in writing), then through the Banks procedures):