Virgin offer of double points | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Virgin offer of double points

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacej

Flights
My Map
Email received tonight tells me how special I am... how many other special people got this email...

click on the register now button, then book flights between now and July 6 for travel between July 1 and July 31 between MEL - SYD/BNE/PER.

Needless to say, I clicked then booked.

straitman

Flights
My Map
wallacej said:
Email received tonight tells me how special I am... how many other special people got this email...

click on the register now button, then book flights between now and July 6 for travel between July 1 and July 31 between MEL - SYD/BNE/PER.

Needless to say, I clicked then booked.
The cynic in me says anyone on their email list is as 'special' as you are :!: :rolleyes:

wallacej

Flights
My Map
Oh Bill... you just took away the special meaning in my life that is being a member of the Velocity program and a very special member...:) :p :D :D

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
And I thought I was special with my ~4000 points :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No double points email has arrived for me yet (although these kinds of promo emails can take over 12 hours from start to finish to send!)

straitman

Flights
My Map
Mal said:

No double points email has arrived for me yet (although these kinds of promo emails can take over 12 hours from start to finish to send!)
We could always send you a 'special' copy :!:

littl_flier

wallacej said:
Mal said:
I received the email but suspect strongly that DJ don't rate me as special considering I haven't flown them in 13 months and have 3000 points. Methunks its a velocity wide email. But it was a nice thought. ;)

straitman

Flights
My Map
littl_flier said:
I received the email but suspect strongly that DJ don't rate me as special considering I haven't flown them in 13 months and have 3000 points. Methunks its a velocity wide email. But it was a nice thought. ;)
You're still 3000 points ahead of me :!:

Definately Velocity wide :D

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Actually, I am special to Velocity Rewards. My email just turned up :)

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I am sure I am special enough to get one, but alas and alack, nothing in my Inbox yet.

leny

Is this only for people in Melbourne? I'm a virgin blue regular, last time May of this year (last month) and I got nothing. :D

ColinP

I'm the proud owner of around 18,000 Velocity points. (15,000 of them courtest of NAB)
No special offer for me either.:(

littl_flier

leny said:
Is this only for people in Melbourne? I'm a virgin blue regular, last time May of this year
No, I'm Brissie based and got one. I am going to retract my comments about being Velocity wide though because the rest of my family whose activity statements send to my email didn't get one.

The fact that the regulars didn't get one makes me wonder whether they're trying to rekindle my love for Virgin :rolleyes: after 12 months. Or they randomly selected......

simongr

Enthusiast
I joined velocity a while ago when I thought I would be flying Virgin Atlantic to HKG (thankfully I went CX F instead :D) so have credited zero points to them and I just realised that I was one of teh lucky selected people - I deleted the email on my BB before I read it as I have no plans at the moment to fly non-OW

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I must not be special enough to receive one. Typical. :rolleyes:

How do they expect me to take my first ever DJ flight without a sweetener?

wallacej

Flights
My Map
littl_flier said:
The fact that the regulars didn't get one makes me wonder whether they're trying to rekindle my love for Virgin :rolleyes: after 12 months. Or they randomly selected......
I have taken a virgin (flight) 23 times this year.. so not sure how they are doing it. Most of my flights are MEL - BNE/SYD so the offer suits me fine..

PS - Company pays for flights so tend to send me on Virgin due to pricing vs QF

straitman

Flights
My Map
wallacej said:
PS - Company pays for flights so tend to send me on Virgin due to pricing vs QF
OT.

My company pays for flights so tend to send me on QF due to pricing vs Virgin. :confused: :oops:

wallacej

Flights
My Map
Thats interesting... I tend to take their word it. What do you suggest is the best way to shop around for flights... something like zuji, or some other engine, or do you think it best to compare flight prices direct with each airline.. ie a browser ope for each airline and switch back and forth seeing the best price?
:confused:

Would prefer QF but have not really questioned it s it makes no diff to them who i fly with so long as it is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
t1774ny