Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Virgin Blue sale now on

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Mal, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    http://www.virginblue.com.au/bookings/specials/

Some fairly good deals there. On sale from now till Midnight Jan 2nd, for travel between 17 Jan 06 - 15 Jun 06
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

(Sure as anything beats the "Massive" (cough) Sale Qantas are having!)

Oh, and the sale fares give you Double Velocity points as well!

2. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    Thanks Mal, but I already know.

Just booked CBR-BNE-DRW-BNE-DRW on DJ for $400 all-in, and cancelled my Qantas "free" ticket with taxes of $240 (what a rip-off). The 5,000 points cancellation fee is chicken feed under the circumstances.

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Note the double velocity points only applies to Australian domestic sale fares.

4. AlphaVictor

AlphaVictor Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Sydney
    NRMA discounting Virgin Blue?

I was on the NRMA Travel website and it seems that if you are a member then you get a 3% discount off any Virgin Blue flights .. by phone???

I rang and booked. (saved a few bucks to Perth)

No credit card fees, no phone bookings fees.

Anyone else used this yet?

Alpha

5. smart1999

smart1999 Intern

Jan 7, 2008
    Anyone know whether this 3% discount on Virgin Blue flights for NRMA members is still valid? I called Virgin and they said it has to be booked via NRMA. NRMA tells me their travel centers are closed on weekends.

Any help appreciated.

By the way, on the Open Road website from 2006 it says that on top of the discount you also don't pay the cc fee and no phone booking fee either. So, it'd be a nice discount.