Virgin Blue Flight Rescheduled

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by oz_mark, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    From, of all places, the AFL website

It has been confirmed by Virgin Blue that the DJ611 flight departing Launceston to Melbourne on Sunday 30th April (the day of the St Kilda v Fremantle match, Aurora Stadium, 1.10pm) has been rescheduled.

The flight was originally scheduled to depart Launceston at 9.30pm on Sunday 30th April, however it has since been changed to depart at 4:35pm.

For all enquires relating to this flight please contact Virgin Blue on 136 789 with your reservation number to check your booking details.

2. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Well done Virgin Blue!
    Jetstar has also formed a habit of cancelling/rescheduling all the time

3. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Strange... I've experienced fewer changes/cancellations/reschedules on DJ than I have on QF. Can't comment about JQ - my barge pole is working well. :D

4. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Just out of interest, following are stats from the respective airline's websites regarding on time performance:

VIRGIN BLUE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

QANTAS
    [​IMG]

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Of course the problem with these statistics is that the two airlines measure their on-time performance in different ways, so they really can't be compared. They are of interest to see patterns and improvements within the airline, but of less value for comparison between airlines.