Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Virgin Australia - Promo Codes (ongoing)

ja1

I noticed there haven't been any posts in this thread for ~3 months. Just confirming that's because there's no actual promo codes in existence or is there another reason I may have missed..

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
I think the former as there is only essential travelling happening now and with VA’s current position, they won’t be releasing any at the moment

• Agree
Reactions: ja1

ja1

I have to book my wife to fly next month and possibly for the first time in forever.. there's literally not a promo code to use. That's a first.. (among many).

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Well I think fares are going to be cheap, so promo codes are almost irrelevant

Happy Dude

Established Member
Solutions
My travel bank was rolled into the conditional credit as part of the creation of the conditional credit as it was part-payment of the cancelled fare.

wendlle

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Well I think fares are going to be cheap, so promo codes are almost irrelevant
I've been looking at flights for August, they are far from cheap. In fact they are some of the most expensive I've ever seen.

ja1

Looking at booking something in July as wife has decided to take a punt that the Qld border will be opened and that VA are currently offering rescheduling at no fee charge (in case that doesn't happen)

The fares aren't bad - getaway (which I wouldn't normally use) gives a return cost of $260 (approx) and elevate is $390. I'd normally use Elevate for the extra SC but instead of a normal $30 per segment difference it's now $65.. and most of the 'features' to use it (i.e flyahead) isn't useful on the current schedules.
Post automatically merged:

Y'all are braver than me using cash for VA fares.
If it's hundreds (low hundreds) then it is worth a punt.. not thousands..

Personally I'd be happy to find someone with a travel bank who has effectively written it off - and they could realise some cash directly and i'd be rolling the dice at a reduced risk myself.. but that's not that simple it appears.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
I've been looking at flights for August, they are far from cheap. In fact they are some of the most expensive I've ever seen.
Given the reduced flight schedules, they have to have sufficient pax numbers to make them viable (made more difficult with COVID spacing), so fares need to reflect revenue and costs.

Once the July 7 increase in routes and flights happen, I'd expect them to reduce.

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
UP to 20% off bookings on the app:

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Is it possible to use travel credits as part payments against these type of bookings?
I tried a dummy booking on the app and the payment options included credit card, debit card, POLI, points, Travel Bank and gift card/voucher...

Bagpuss

Solutions
MPX56 still works for 10% off all fares. Can be used with travel bank and it looks like all conditional credits have be rolled into travel bank. Can take a risk and book a refundable fare for travel bank / conditional credits, depending what the rules are around the new the Flight Credits. Any refund would be back to the new Flight Credits.

twiningb

Solutions
FWIW, it seems like you can't use Future Flight Credit (the new Travelbank for old cancellations) on fares searched with a promo code.

There's currently plenty of availability for Future Flight Credits across all fare groups on the dates I'm searching though, including the current 20 Year Anniversary sale. So it means paying $129 in Travelbank credit rather than $118+surch on card for the same Getaway fare SYD-MEL.

Mattg

Solutions
FWIW, it seems like you can't use Future Flight Credit (the new Travelbank for old cancellations) on fares searched with a promo code.

There's currently plenty of availability for Future Flight Credits across all fare groups on the dates I'm searching though, including the current 20 Year Anniversary sale. So it means paying $129 in Travelbank credit rather than $118+surch on card for the same Getaway fare SYD-MEL.

I didn't think the discount codes worked on sale/promo fares anyway?

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I didn't think the discount codes worked on sale/promo fares anyway?
The Promo Box disappears if you select to use a FCF travel Bank number. If you enter a promo code the option to select to use FCF travel Bank goes away.

Last edited:

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongda