Virgin Australia - Promo Codes (ongoing) | Page 54 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Virgin Australia - Promo Codes (ongoing)

ozstamps

Virgin
Platinum
If you read what I actually typed rather than what you THINK I typed, and selectively misquoted the context, it would be clear. 🤢

• Hugs
Reactions: Ade

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
FMZ59 seems to have suddenly stopped working.
was about to pull the pin on some 15% J saver fares
just me?

Dee#

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
If you use the promo codes do you still get double SC's in this promo til 24 Nov or not. Are they considered 'Not to be used with any other offer?' as stated in the double SC's conditions.???

Jurahn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
FMZ59 seems to have suddenly stopped working.
was about to pull the pin on some 15% J saver fares
just me?

No, not just you. The code was working up until yesterday and I waited for Happy Hour to see if there were any sale fares for the dates I wanted, and then was going to book J fares today using FMZ59 (domestic flight in May). Dammit, looks like I just missed out :(

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
No, not just you. The code was working up until yesterday and I waited for Happy Hour to see if there were any sale fares for the dates I wanted, and then was going to book J fares today using FMZ59 (domestic flight in May). Dammit, looks like I just missed out :(
Yer. Looks like it's gone. I just booked, in the end with points on a J award. Couldn't bare to pay the extra cash

gtrod

Also got caught out with FMZ59 stopping working early :(

Noticed there's a 20% sale coming up for 25 & 26 November:

Book a flight during Virgin Australia’s 2-day flash sale and you could save up to 20% off Australia and New Zealand Economy and Business Class fares*. Discounts include:
  • Up to 20% off Getaway fares
  • Up to 20% off Business Saver fares
  • Up to 20% off Business Class fares

Discounts apply to base fare levels - airport fees and taxes are not discounted. But be quick, sale runs from 25 to 26 November 2019 only and is only available online.

Use promo code STW46 to book.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
you should be able to get DSC as long as the booking and travel date fits into the promo?
Technically that might be correct however there have been instances where it was explicitly called out excluding the DSC if using discount codes. Again every offer is different so are the terms.

• Agree
Reactions: Ade

Sludge321

Flights
My Map
10% off domestic and New Zealand flights

GNW78

Discount available from 12:01am AEST on 24 November 2019 until 11:59pm AEST on 29 November 2019 unless sold out prior. Travel period 15 Jan 2020 until 24 June 2020, excluding blackout period of 10 April 2020 until 13 April 2020. Discount does not apply to sale fares, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Discount does not apply to fees and taxes. Discount is applied automatically at the time of booking. Fares are subject to availability. Price may vary until ticketed. Add $40 for bookings made on the phone or at the airport. Return fare may vary with the addition of local taxes and charges or due to currency fluctuations. All payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. Changes and cancellations incur a fee and any applicable fare difference. See Virgin Australia's international Fees page for details. Name changes are not permitted. Refunds are not permitted under your fare rules but you may be entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law in certain circumstances. Check your fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Different baggage allowances and conditions may apply to these flights. Full terms and conditions at www.virginaustralia.com

Last edited:

sapsol

Is anyone aware of any promo codes that would work for MEL-LAX Freedom Fare for May 18-26, 2019? Looking to book Freedom flex fare and then use points to upgrade to J. Or anyone have any better ideas of how to grab a J seat. Will be Platinum in a few weeks. Any ideas appreciated.

AIRwin

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Is anyone aware of any promo codes that would work for MEL-LAX Freedom Fare for May 18-26, 2019? Looking to book Freedom flex fare and then use points to upgrade to J. Or anyone have any better ideas of how to grab a J seat. Will be Platinum in a few weeks. Any ideas appreciated.
There is a Thanksgiving sale until tomorrow with Premium Economy around Freedom fares:
https://specials.virginaustralia.com/au/sale/thanksgiving

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline rickie