VH-ZNJ -10th 787 QF Dreamliner | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

VH-ZNJ -10th 787 QF Dreamliner

TheInsider

Established Member
So it's been rumored that Qantas' 10th 787 (VH-ZNJ) will be painted in a different 'special' livery.

Anyone have any ideas on what it may be?

docjames

Flights
My Map
So some possibilities:
- (100th) Birthday suit?
- Indigenous theme?
- UULH theme?
- Australiana theme (in keeping with series naming of the 789s)?

Scarlett

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Does QF have a 787 in oneworld livery yet? Does it have to, based on numbers in the fleet?

I only seem to remember an A330 getting about in *o scheme, but thought there was some requirement for one in every 50, 100? from a members fleet to be painted up.

Are QF supporting the AOC? If so, it may have an Olympics motif ahead of Tokyo 2020.

DavidFlynn

Confirming the ZNJ 'special paint job'. Be a tad odd if it was Sunrise-related and then either Sunrise didn't happen or Qantas chose the A350-1000ULR! Maybe it'll be a #QF100 jobbie to begin the rev-up to the 2020 centenary?

p--and--t

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Confirming the ZNJ 'special paint job'. Be a tad odd if it was Sunrise-related and then either Sunrise didn't happen or Qantas chose the A350-1000ULR! Maybe it'll be a #QF100 jobbie to begin the rev-up to the 2020 centenary?
Agree. If the marketing machine is going to milk it for all its worth, needs to be something months away.

My presumption will have nothing to do with sunrise as this model is not the focus of the UULH Sunrise project selection process and confuse messaging.

Himeno

Established Member
VH-ZNI | LN921 | Ready for Delivery | Due 16OCT
VH-ZNJ | LN929 | Flightline | rolled out 01OCT, should have its first flight within the next week
VH-ZNK | LN941 | Parts Arriving | Looks like it will be next aircraft into assembly
VH-ZNL | LN1019

ZNI has had 2 test flights with the first on the 3rd.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluebagger05