Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Upgrading on QF stock while crediting to AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Sure ... use the Upgrade a Family member option towards the bottom the "Your Bookings" page of Qantas.com.

docjames

Do you not have to have your QFF number in the booking first, then once the upgrade is processed, change to AA?

maninblack

Established Member
Do you not have to have your QFF number in the booking first, then once the upgrade is processed, change to AA?

Correct. When it's processed your AA ff number needs to be put in to the booking and QF taken out, can do it with QF on the phone or when you get to the airport.

Last edited:

docjames

Correct. When it's processed your AA ff number needs to be put in to the booking and QF taken out, can do it with QF on the phone or when you get to the airport.

I think that's an important step for the OP to realize.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Thanks for all the replies. Would Serfty's method be possible?

Serfty has forgotten more about these things than most of us know, and he hasn't forgotten much. If he says it can be done he's correct.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
My method will work - note that any QFF status is unlikely to be taken into account if the booking has your AA number, so maybe swap to AA afterwards.

(CL/WP1 excluded I presume.)

Last edited:

richh1833

My method will work - note that any QFF status is unlikely to be taken into account if the booking has your AA number, so maybe swap to AA afterwards.

(CL/WP1 excluded I presume.)

So you would recommend not leaving any FF # in the booking until the upgrade has been cleared or QF 1st then AA 2nd?

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
So you would recommend not leaving any FF # in the booking until the upgrade has been cleared or QF 1st then AA 2nd?
I really do not know - it is possible an AA Plat being a *O Sapphire might be rated higher for an upgrade than a QF NB, but that is purely conjecture.

knasty

When I did this the transit desk at SIN gave me my new BP but said the system was locked and I couldn't change the FF number from QF to AA. Still got credit afterwards via request credit route though.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I have upgraded many flights using the method Serfty noted. It works, its simple and in my experience 100% successful in having the waitlisted upgrade realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020