upgrade question

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by bboy, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bboy

bboy Junior Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Hi,

I am flying MEL - LAX tomorrow and have requested an upgrade to business. last time I did this it was successful and when I checked my booking on the Qantas website the night before it said upgrade - confirmed. Just wondering what it will say if the upgrade is not successful??? Will it tell me on the website or will it just keep saying 'requested' even if it is unsuccessful??

I want to change my flight to next Monday if this does not work out... The flight leaves at 10:50am tomorrow.. what time would you expect the website to tell me one way or another about the upgrade??

Thanks!

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would expect your booking to have the following happen:

Tonight (maybe 7pm, maybe earlier or later), your booking will be changed to show your economy flight, and a "waitlisted" flight in business.

If your upgrade is successful, (maybe 11/12 tonight), the waitlist and economy flights will remove and be replaced with the business flight.

If not successful, I think you'll remain waitlisted in Business, but it will never clear (of course it could clear any time up until you hop on the plane ... but if not cleared T-2 hours from departure, doubt it would clear).

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    From personal experience, I agree with Mal

4. vt01

vt01 Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Sydney
    The QFF website has this to say about international upgrades

'You can check your booking online within 5 hours of departure to see if your international request was successful. You will also be informed at check-in.'

Hope this helps..

5. bboy

bboy Junior Member

Sep 14, 2005
    nothing has happened at all at this point. i'm not liking my chances. if nothing happens at all by midnight i think i'll give up hope.

6. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Business class fare buckets for MEL-LAX for 9 June (as at 11.14pm 8/6/06):

QF93 J4 C4 D0 I0 U0
    QF25 J9 C9 D9 I0 U0

Not sure which flight you're on... but although you would think that QF25 would give you a better chance of upgrading, there are few Y seats left on QF93 and it is possibly oversold in economy, so they might be looking for people to upgrade

Good luck!

7. bboy

bboy Junior Member

Sep 14, 2005
    it didn't clear so i've changed my flight to next week. i know my chances won't be much improved with the short notice and all but i thought i may as well give it one more shot since i missed out this time.

i'm now booked on QF 93 MEL - LAX on monday june 12, connecting with QF 107 LAX - JFK. could somebody please tell me how business is looking for those flights? thanks for the info!

8. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    There is hope for the Mel- Lax leg:

F4 A4 J9 C9 D0 I0 U0

9. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Good Move, QF25 today is a 743 anyway!