Updated Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Amex seem to have rejigged their website quite a bit (but not the rewards part). Looks quite good, but haven't checked all the bits out yet.

SO they have ...

Interesting - there were some significant changes in the base display a month of three ago.

This is a whole new philosophy. One philosophy change is that most pages are showing MR point balances.

I used last night for the first time since the changes.

Some of the changes look good especially the available credit limit including any outstanding authorisations and showing the MR points balance. But as with anything new it will take a few weeks to get used to the layout.

Last edited:
I received this email this morning.

Dear Cardmember,

We've listened to your feedback and made Online Services easier to use than ever. When you visit the American Express website by the end of November 2007 you'll notice the improvements.

Just as before, you'll have access to the same key account information and management tools, plus more.

Starting in November, the enhancements will include:

AUS_AXPi_New_Website_Service_bullet.jpg
Your total balance displayed on Summary of Accounts
Easier access to your latest statement as a PDF
The ability to pay your statement online via Pay Bill Online
Improved navigation and design

Rest assured your ID and password will remain the same.

We look forward to seeing you at americanexpress.com.au

Yours Sincerely,

American Express Online Services

First impressions are pretty positive - seemed to flick between pages more quickly. One minor thing that used to bug me was that after inputting id/pass you used to have to choose which service - which for me was always "cards - my account" through a drop down. It now defaults to that which is handy.

I only have a MR account, so don't get to see that. It wouldn't be the total number of points ever tranferred or something like that would it?

What I do get a bit odd, is that the year under Member Since, is different to what is on my card!

oz_mark said:
I only have a MR account, so don't get to see that. It wouldn't be the total number of points ever tranferred or something like that would it?

What I do get a bit odd, is that the year under Member Since, is different to what is on my card!

I suspect it's the number of ponts I've earnt on my Qantas Amex over the last year (or perhaps since I applied for it - it was about 12 months ago that I got it).

As for the different member dates, this can happen when accounts are orphaned when applying for new accounts. If your card is incorrect and you want it fixed, you can call up Amex and get them to fix it. Having a member since date of over 20 years ago does come in handy due to some perks that they offer those members.

I believe its the TOTAL number of points transferred from your American Express card to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.

I 've been a member for two months and have noticed that the number of points shown as transferred on my AMEX account is in fact the sum of the points earned the last two months.

Cheers,
Sheriff

Mal said:
Yep, same issue here! Somehow I earned over 20000 QF points this month alone...
I earned over 27000 QFF points this month as well and I have only had the card since the beginning of the year. I suspect that it is total QFF point earning including initial sign up bonus....

tscharke said:
The number of points transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account from your Qantas American Express Card this month: 62,809

On Amex, mine still shows the number of points transferred over the year, but the reference to "month" has been removed. Looks like they've realised there is an issue and are starting to attempt to fix it.

I don't see any of that.

Either I'm looking in the wrong place or it's because none of my accounts have automatic transfers to QFF.

I have a Qantas Premium credit card and a normal Amex Gold credit card.

On the Gold card display there is a line at the bottom
Your Membership Rewards Points Balance : xx,xx_

On the Premium card display there is a line at the bottom with just
: xx,xx_

It had reference to points earned this month which has been removed!

The awards area has now changed again for the Qantas cards:

It now has "Your current points balance: 0" for me (no purchases this month yet on the Amex Qantas card...) Not sure if I make a purchase if they'll increment that or not,

Hmm - a little frustrating now - using Firefox it doesnt remember my username/password anymore.

I am impressed with how little time it takes for points to get to QF from Amex though - about 4 hours last time...

simongr said:
Hmm - a little frustrating now - using Firefox it doesnt remember my username/password anymore. ...
Yep, I have found that a pain also. FWIW FireFox does remember, it's just that the script overwrites them when inserting the characters "User ID" and "Password".

simongr said:
I am impressed with how little time it takes for points to get to QF from Amex though - about 4 hours last time...
The first time I did this It took < 1 Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back