UA to increase LAX-MEL frequency March 2015 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

UA to increase LAX-MEL frequency March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member

Himeno

AFF Supporter
Isn't MEL daily at the moment with the SYD-MEL tag?
This would just be an increase due to getting another 789.

markis10

Veteran Member
Isn't MEL daily at the moment with the SYD-MEL tag?
This would just be an increase due to getting another 789.
The direct flights start in October when the tag flights stop.

Isochronous

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
QF needs the 789 so they can go to SFO. They should also consider running MEL-AKL-DFW in addition to SYD-DFW-BNE-SYD

Himeno

AFF Supporter
QF needs the 789 so they can go to SFO. They should also consider running MEL-AKL-DFW in addition to SYD-DFW-BNE-SYD
They should, but they won't. They don't have the aircraft, even if they wanted to (the needed aircraft are going to JQ).

eastwest101

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yes it really is just a matter of opinion/conjecture about whether QF will exercise the options on the 787-9s or not. I have not seen anything encouraging or indicating that QFi will receive new aircraft from what QF management is saying lately but the real question is when the options will actually expire, when or if there is an expiry date on these options QF have to either put up or shut up about the B787-9 and order them, or let the options lapse. I have heard that the B787-9 options are at quite a favourable price so I guess we will see.

smit0847

Established Member
SFO is neither a business destination, nor a partner hub for onwards connections, so SFO will not happen.

MEL-AKL-DFW seems more logical.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SFO is neither a business destination, nor a partner hub for onwards connections, so SFO will not happen.

I agree that it won't happen, but SFO is certainly a business destination (IT anyone :) ?) And a tourist destination at least the equal of LAX.

Isochronous

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

The AA-US merger reduces the argument that SFO is not much of a hub. But I would agree that a MEL-AKL-DFW would take priority.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Isn't IAH a hub for UA instead of DFW?

I would have thought UA/NZ would prefer to do AKL-IAH instead of DFW.

markis10

Veteran Member
The AA-US merger reduces the argument that SFO is not much of a hub. But I would agree that a MEL-AKL-DFW would take priority.
How does it reduce the argument, SFO is not a hub for either :confused:, it is a hub for UA (and maint base) as well as VX.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Not sure i would want to travel Y on a UA787 as the seats are narrower to accomodate row of 9 compared to the 767 it replaces which traditionally carried 8 across.

mannej

AFF Supporter
Not sure i would want to travel Y on a UA787 as the seats are narrower to accomodate row of 9 compared to the 767 it replaces which traditionally carried 8 across.
Haven't the majority of airlines gone for 9 across on their 787's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevrat67