Two new Hiltons in Melbourne {rumour} | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Two new Hiltons in Melbourne {rumour}

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
HH have made it very clear that any future lease will have no 'out' clause if the building is sold.

Once bitten ... Oh wait, make that twice ... I mean thrice. *sigh*

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
And if you're a developer/fund you'd naturally say no or demand substantially higher rent for locking out at least half the buyers of hotel properties in Aus.

D

Deleted member 29185

Good news for MEL (and mattress runs) however I was really convinced that Australia's cosmopolitan capital would see a Conrad announcement.

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Personally think there is plenty of room for some of the mid-tier brands of the majors in the marketplace as well - both in the outer suburbs of the big cities and in regional towns.

Eg. HGI, Hampton or Home2 for Hilton

D

Deleted member 29185

Personally think there is plenty of room for some of the mid-tier brands of the majors in the marketplace as well - both in the outer suburbs of the big cities and in regional towns.

Eg. HGI, Hampton or Home2 for Hilton
Including that little tin-pot town we call Canberra! ;)

boomy

As much as I’d love to see Conrad or WA in Australia, as far as I understood there are no plans to for any at this stage.

Another rumour I heard is that HH plans to massively expand their DoubleTree brand with new properties in BNE, SYD, PER and another in MEL CBD introduced at some point.

Great!! Let's hope it happens soon, haven't the current owners of what used to be the Hilton on the Park sold up recently?? ;) Or did I misread that somewhere?

Australia is in need of some good mid tier Hilton brands, a few more DoubleTree's etc. would be a welcome addition.

melb78

Intern
I have herd that Hilton will be turning the building on the Cnr of king and collins street roughly 400 rooms.

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Last edited:

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin