Tried and true favourite recipes

MelMel

Intern
I think we must be related. My mum was a very poor cook. My granny lived with us and she cooked basically until I left home. I don't think mum ever actually cooked for me. But Granny was very UK style, and the concept of curry was to throw sultanas and keens curry power into it and serve it with boiled potatoes 🤷‍♀️
Post automatically merged:

Bloody jingle stuck in my brain now. 😂 Thanks.

MrP's mum made fabulous baked goods (as did my other granny but she did it on a wood stove. Refused to use a new tangled electric one when grandpa bought one.) But his favourite meal was when his mum burnt the chops once and they actually had some flavour.
We had that version of curry! Usually made with leftover cubed lamb roast

Pushka

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
I've been making the usual buffalo Chicken style wings, usually with out the blue dressing, varying the method slightly according to what I've recently searched for on the internets (that's my name for this thing now) but made these on the weekend and they are just fabulous. I made far more than we needed so have been snacking on them and today towards the end there is this wonderful gooey lip smacking sauce in which the leftovers are bathing in. Don't forget the crushed peanuts.

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
@blackcat20 I know you're a big sourdough maker - do you ever put anything in it - I'm thinking rosemary, olives and garlic or something like that but looking for inspiration. I know I can google it but would be interested if anyone else has some suggestions.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
@blackcat20 I know you're a big sourdough maker - do you ever put anything in it - I'm thinking rosemary, olives and garlic or something like that but looking for inspiration. I know I can google it but would be interested if anyone else has some suggestions.
I've put mixed grains in it before, but I'd really like to try some mixed dry fruit at some point.

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I have made a spiced fruits sourdough - I'll post the recipe later. Makes a beautiful bread but I'm looking for something a bit more savoury. All of my bread recipe books are in storage and I like browsing cook books

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
I have made a spiced fruits sourdough - I'll post the recipe later. Makes a beautiful bread but I'm looking for something a bit more savoury. All of my bread recipe books are in storage and I like browsing cook books
I’d just work with my standard recipe and mix In whatever I fancy.

Reactions: VPS

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceHolli