Travelex now pays QFF points for FOREX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Febs

Established Member
(Apologies if this is old news, I searched and found naught).
Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Travel - Foreign Exchange

If only I saw this a few weeks ago, when I changed a few thousand USD... :(

Not a bad deal. $1,000-$10,000 earns one QFF point per dollar spent. A lot better than the deal they have with eTrade (one point per dollar spent on BROKERAGE :rolleyes:).

Guessing Travelex's rates are a little higher than normal (I usually change cash through my credit union, who don't charge much), but still...it could work out in your favour if changing a large amount. :)

Edit: Or maybe not...seems their rates are pretty terrible. XE.com has the USD at $0.8233 now. Travelex are selling @ $0.7810...

Cheers,
- Febs.

As you noted the rates are rubbish.

Travelex currently has the Yen at 87.361 per $A

Comm Bank has the Yen at 93.090 per $A

I know where I'm going to change money.:)

Travelex have been a program partner of QFF for many years. Back in the 90's there was no minimum exchange value before points were earned.

As posted, coughpy rates ...

Yeah, coughpy rates. They advertise a lot to get business flowing from brand recognition coming in. I changed a whole bunch of JPY lately, Commonwealth Bank was the best deal overall.

fortymilliondaggers said:
Yeah, coughpy rates. They advertise a lot to get business flowing from brand recognition coming in. I changed a whole bunch of JPY lately, Commonwealth Bank was the best deal overall.

Yeah, I changed some INR recently and CBA gave a decent rate. Not as good as my credit union, but more convenient.

Still, I haven't found any forex deals that even come close to withdrawing cash from an ATM using my Wizard MC in the local country. :) No fees and excellent exchange rates. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back