Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Travel Insurance' started by useoh, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. useoh

useoh Newbie

Jun 18, 2007
    I don't suppose many members have this problem but my husband always has trouble getting medical cover for trips to the US. He had a slight heart attack 12 years ago and has been on medication since for associated risk factors with no further problems. Although he has had cover 3 times in this period after strict assessment tests etc. ordered by the Insurers (Once having to repair the doctors treadmill for him), we feel that now he has turned 70 it is going to be impossible to get cover for the US.

Has anyone been able to resolve this or have any suggestions? The automatically covered pre-existing conditions do not apply if they are associated with heart disease. It appears that almost all Insurers use Mondial. We have enough QFF points for the trip to the US but it looks like we might have to use them elsewhere.

2. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
  3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Over 70's travel insurance is tough.

It's US centric, but there's a contemporary thread on FlyerTalk that may be of some use:

4. useoh

useoh Newbie

Jun 18, 2007
  5. useoh

useoh Newbie

Jun 18, 2007
    I agree that it is a problem for the US as I believe we would have reciprocal rights in the UK. I'll keep trying and notify if we have success.