Transit stopover in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
3
Points
0
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone might be able to answer my question about stopping over in Hong Kong. I will be travelling from France to Hong Kong, arriving at 7.15am. My flight back to Sydney does not leave until 9.10pm that night. I would like to check into a hotel for that time. I will have been in transit for some time by then, so would prefer to sleep rather than see the sights.

Can you please tell me whether there are any hotels close to the airport that will take day guests?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,491
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Try the Novotel Citygate hotel. Its quite new and has a free shuttle bus service to/from the airport.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,814
Solutions
13
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
NM said:
Try the Novotel Citygate hotel. Its quite new and has a free shuttle bus service to/from the airport.
That's a reasonable option; but seem quite expensive with the cheapest non refundable nightly rate from over HKD1200 (~AUD200). (A day rate might be cheaper.)

You could get a day return Airport Express into the City from HKD60 (Tsing Yi, HKD100 Central) (~AUD10) and take advantage of some the less expensive room options that may be available.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
I stayed at the Regal Hotel at the airport - HK$2600 for a night - not sure what the day rate would be - but the hotel is at the airport so you could gain some time for the extra costs?
 
Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,491
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
That's a reasonable option; but seem quite expensive with the cheapest non refundable nightly rate from over HKD1200 (~AUD200). (A day rate might be cheaper.)

You could get a day return Airport Express into the City from HKD60 (Tsing Yi, HKD100 Central) (~AUD10) and take advantage of some the less expensive room options that may be available.
But you will lose up to 2 hour of beauty sleep time ... so depends on how import is the sleep vs cost. And please no comments from the peanut gallery about value of trade-off for me :evil: .
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,814
Solutions
13
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Not sure about two hours; the total trip time Airport/Central is 24 minutes and runs every 10 minutes. Even less to/from Kowloon/Tsing Yi. This would not be much more than time if any than taking the Novotel bus.

There are plenty of hotel options close to the three non airport stations on this line.

Plus there's the benefit of ITCI if required.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,491
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
Not sure about two hours; the total trip time Airport/Central is 24 minutes and runs every 10 minutes. Even less to/from Kowloon/Tsing Yi. This would not be much more than time if any than taking the Novotel bus.

There are plenty of hotel options close to the three non airport stations on this line.

Plus there's the benefit of ITCI if required.
But you also have too get from the train station to the hotel, which in my experience can add to the hassle and time. All depends on what the OP wants to do. Lots of options available as mentioned above.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
3
Points
0
Thanks for your advice everyone. I will check out the Regal Hotel. I have booked into the Citygate on the way over to France, as I have an overnight stopover, but was reluctant to spend another >$200 for just a day stopover. If I can't get into the Regal though, I will have to go to the Citygate.

Cheers!
 

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
720
Points
320
Qantas
Platinum
i stayed at the regal in oct. easy access, lovely large, clean room, no noise from flts. just outside my window. i think i was booked from 8am until 9pm. it was 1808 hk$ and abt. $303 aust. would certainly recommend it. worth the money. trish
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top