Too Gothic for JetStar

Discussion in 'Jetstar' started by NM, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    From news.com.au

2. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    from the pic on the news page i think she looks really attractive, she could get me a KFC Twister or do my safety briefing any day :D

3. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    If that pic shows her as gothic, things have changed really fast. Put her in the uniform and she would look like any other attendant.

4. shillard

shillard Guest

Goths **** me.

I reckon they should have spray-painted her in rainbow colours, whacked a tie-dyed skirt on her and sent her packing.

Bloody Goths. Should all be stuck in a chalk circle with an Illigor.

5. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    You have to hand it to Jetstar. They manage to keep up entertained fairly regularly. :D

6. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    Ah, Shillard.

Nice to see that you're up to your usual friendly, tolerant self.

Hope that your daughter(s), should they be unfortunate enough to have you as a father, don't turn out to be goths.

My finger is on the emergency button on my phone at this moment to call the NSW police.

:)

7. shillard

shillard Guest

My son can shag goths if he likes, but if he brings one home there will be hell to pay.

8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Shillard

Nice to see you are not being gender specific regarding who your son can shag.

Gazza

9. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Oh oh - this WILL be interesting.......

Dave

10. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    ROTHLHOL, I amost wet myself as I read those posts.

I am really looking forward to shillard's next post, like thadocta. should be quite viciferous, littered with expletives, unless he's mellowing in his new age as a father :p . Considering that his son is <1 year old, I'd hate to think that Goths would still be around when he's sexually active..and just why shillard would be happy with his son shagging goths (in case there's an accident :roll: - that'd make it half-goth :shock: ), but I presume he'll give his son the birds 'n' bees talk very early on...

Got the fire extinguisher out, primed and ready...issued my flame proofs too... :twisted: - just in case anybody needs my assistance. You with me thadocta?? (looking around for support :D )

11. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Spin is quite interesting; a little bird has told me her supervisor erred in mentioning 'gothic' too her. The media picked on this, failing to refer to other issues that were listed in her notice of dismissal.

Mentioned/quoted were several specific incidents relating to poor attendance and other issues relating to attitude and other non compliance problems. I have been told she had several official warnings.

12. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Are these things mutually exclusive? Perhaps the supervisor was summing up the attendance, attitude and compliance issues into a single word?

13. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

Don't Goths go out in a blaze of glory at 21?

14. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nahh, they don't leave home until after 11pm :D .

15. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    Before this thread gets out of hand and ends up locked, here is Jetstar's response. (It's a PDF, but only only 32KB)

I'll reproduce it below - I don't think Jetstar would mind:

16. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    What a perfect reponse from Jetstar....Brooke might have "served" well by using the media to portray her as a "victim", but "game, set and bloody match" to Jetstar!! :twisted:

You started the fight girlie, but as you left Jetstar with an open position, they finished you. I applaud Jetstar and they've gone up in my estimation.

Time for Brooke to go and be an advertising starlet if she'd rather do that (not that one ad is much) :roll: , and let somebody else who wants to work, have an opportunity to be employed 8) .

Imagine how many pax were inconvenienced by her late arrivals at work, as well as her staff who had to cover for her. Sorry, she gets no respect from me :p .

Sorry, I'd rather be served by somebody who's there on time, has the right attitude and respects her job, her fellow staff, her clients (pax) and more importantly, herself.

I hope she learns some apparently much needed lessons from this incident.

17. shillard

shillard Guest

There's the literal, and then there's the figurative.

For the former, goths of the fairer sex are obviously preferred.

For the latter, any of the proletariat will do.

18. Gazza

Gazza Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Shillard

Pleased to see you are keeping an open mind on the issue.

Gazza

19. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Come on Scott, you can do better than THAT! Rather pathetic really! :D

Dave

20. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I totally agree, thadocta. Gutted, absolutely guttered :(

Particularly as I read some comments from him on his website yesterday....