Question - Timing of Priority Pass 2-per-year memberships | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Timing of Priority Pass 2-per-year memberships

twiningb

I have Priority Pass through Amex Plat, which is great, but excludes the restaurants. I have two cards from other banks (Westpac, St George) with the standard "free PP membership plus 2 free visits per year" deal. So I think it's worth activating those to use against restaurants.

How does the timing work? Does it reset on calendar year or card account year, or the anniversary of requesting the Priority Pass account? Is there any advantage to leaving it until right before I think I might use the restaurants (especially considering the lag time) or should I do so ASAP?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I have a 2 per year PP that resets in early March. Looking back I may have activated it just before a March trip some years ago as I was going through LAS in oneworld.

Based in that I suspect it is 365 days from enrolement date.

Last edited:

theblank

Established Member
I get a letter and a new card every year for both the credit cards I have.
I have no idea what date they match up to, though, some years i need 10 passes, some years I need 0.

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I get a letter and a new card every year for both the credit cards I have.
I have no idea what date they match up to, though, some years i need 10 passes, some years I need 0.
To be honest I lose track of the PP cards I get from my Amex Plat Charge. I don't think there's a regularity to it in terms of sending the cards to me or the expiry dates. Mrs 340 seems to be on a completely separate schedule too.

Brissy1

To be honest I lose track of the PP cards I get from my Amex Plat Charge. I don't think there's a regularity to it in terms of sending the cards to me or the expiry dates. Mrs 340 seems to be on a completely separate schedule too.
Letter? Cards? Yes it's too much. I just throw them away and use the app... usage and expiration date is all just there. The app with your account on it is enough to get you in.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Letter? Cards? Yes it's too much. I just throw them away and use the app... usage and expiration date is all just there. The app with your account on it is enough to get you in.
i keep the card in case the batteries go flat.

But yes, the app has lots of information - strangely more than can be obtained via a desktop log in.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coha1426