The Qantas Singapore Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the Qantas Singapore lounge again and glad to find a new menu. The pork belly is excellent... and yes, the crumbs on top are actually the crackling!! Triple yum! Kudos to the team at the lounge.
photo 1.JPG.jpg

JohnK

Veteran Member
They had cajun chicken and pork belly on the menu last week.

Tried a bit of both. At least they have some variety now.

Awesom Andy

Established Member
Definitely agree with the pork belly. Didn't quite have the stomach space to try the prawns though.

Willie

While lovin' the SIN Lounge apart from a few too many JQ customers who need a few behaviour lessons... I really do question the significant QF investment in the SIN lounge and then cutting back QF services as a result of the EK tie up and down sizing the metal and frequencies.... Maybe the oncharging costs to their OW partners brings in some good revenue???

Ooh Roo

Willie

Pushka

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Lesley Grant said in her recent email that the HK lounge will be opened in March. Is there any update? It's remotely related to this thread. :D

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

anat0l

Enthusiast
Back in the Qantas Singapore lounge again and glad to find a new menu. The pork belly is excellent... and yes, the crumbs on top are actually the crackling!! Triple yum! Kudos to the team at the lounge.
View attachment 25682

I tried this dish and found that my pork belly was a bit too dry and a bit burnt on the edges. It's a great idea and I like the idea of crackling crumble, but my suggestion to the lounge team was to cut the pork a bit thicker and improve the preparation of the pork to account for the serving mechanics.

eminere

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I can't wait to try out the lounge in April!

JohnK

Veteran Member
I tried this dish and found that my pork belly was a bit too dry and a bit burnt on the edges.
The pork belly is OK. It is not as delicious as some people make it out to be.

zainman

Established Member
Is this the lounge to use at SIN for OWE? I am travelling BA F SIN-SYD next week. Haven't been to any of the OW lounges at SIN before...

madrooster

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Is this the lounge to use at SIN for OWE? I am travelling BA F SIN-SYD next week. Haven't been to any of the OW lounges at SIN before...

Yes. The BA lounge is appalling (didn't they do a renovation in there recently)? In fact, BA pax that know the lounge rules know to go to the QF lounge. I saw a fair few BA boarding passes in there...

markis10

Veteran Member
Yes. The BA lounge is appalling (didn't they do a renovation in there recently)? In fact, BA pax that know the lounge rules know to go to the QF lounge. I saw a fair few BA boarding passes in there...

They are about to renovate the lounge I believe.

Happy Trails

Established Member

Whereas some of us prefer the BA lounge.
At least you can hear yourself think.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Whereas some of us prefer the BA lounge.
At least you can hear yourself think.
The Qantas lounge was full again last night.

Went to the Emirates lounge and that was even worse. The business centre was being used as a prayer room. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.