the "exclusive" CBA Platimum concierge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbs

anyone out there who actually uses this bennefit ? are they competent ? Can they carry out more complex requests ? any examples of use ?

I suspect it is a "marginal" bennefit, as there would be too many cardholders out there for them to provide a good level of service.

Am interested in anyone experiences with them ?

I've used them a few times, some times they fail other times they pass.
Can't think what I used them for when I got the card but both times I tested them they didn't follow it up. They compensated me wth 1000 reward points, hardly worth it really.

Since that time I've used them for predepature information before travelling and they've been ok. Nothing flash but atleast got back to me within a few hours. They say their policy is to respond wtihin 48 hours, personally the time frame should be negotated between you and the rep based on what needs to happen etc.

The thing that disturbes me is the agents for concierge don't even know their service is available 24 hours a day just after about 10pm to 7am it goes through to a agent elsewhere in the world.

I still remeber a consultant one day told me when I asked about the quality of service she said "well after all we are a bank and this is just a added extra so it may not be too good" ... she was right sadly.

CBA seem to use the concierge in house while other providers use Mastercard or Visa to handle the requests hence the differance in service I think.

Hmmm,

I dont think many people use them. I an intreagued by the proliferation of "personal concierge services" more in the US and UK. I wonder how CBA would go with regular ("daily" ) request to organise simple things ?

I've used the Visa Plat concierge via their website (www.visaplatinum.com/ap). The staff are efficient and very good at following up on if they have provided the correct information. The information given is ok but nothing exceptional.

I havn't had any "worthy" requests to ask the Commbank concierge yet. Actually, I can't really think of anything to request :)

The generic Comm Bank Plat offers are fairly lacklustre. I'm seriously tempted to get rid of my card and move it to something that matches the 1:1 QFF conversion it has. Won't go back to gold if it stays at 2:3 conversion.

Does anyone get any real value out of the card? Something like comp Hilton Gold/Plat or comp SPG Gold/Plat would help get some value... (As opposed to the Commbank writing to us and saying we're all special and eligible for a Sofitel card that everyone can get.... :) )

Mal said:
I've used the Visa Plat concierge via their website (www.visaplatinum.com/ap). The staff are efficient and very good at following up on if they have provided the correct information. The information given is ok but nothing exceptional.

I havn't had any "worthy" requests to ask the Commbank concierge yet. Actually, I can't really think of anything to request :)

Do you have a CBA Platinum Visa or MaterCard? Just noticed you said Visa and I know if you get the CBA Platinum Visa you can use the Visa Concierge service verus CBA.

netaddict said:
Do you have a CBA Platinum Visa or MaterCard? Just noticed you said Visa and I know if you get the CBA Platinum Visa you can use the Visa Concierge service verus CBA.

Got the Visa. Prefer Visa as a credit card over Mastercard (not sure why though!). Knocked back the Plat Mastercard when it was offered to me, but as soon as the Visa was offered was on the phone to get an upgrade.

I have the Plat. Mastercard.
I was once after tix to the WIGGLES (for my kids of course!)
CBA didn't even have the tix listed... got really great seats through QANTAS box office... pre release, you could call them 'VIP' seats! Front row!

regards,

Gordon said:
I have the Plat. Mastercard.
I was once after tix to the WIGGLES (for my kids of course!)
CBA didn't even have the tix listed... got really great seats through QANTAS box office... pre release, you could call them 'VIP' seats! Front row!

Reminds me of a time when I wanted some tickets 6 months ago, got listed for them but never heard a thing, called them 5 days after the tickets went to public sale saying what happened,they could see my request but couldn't explain why I hadn't received a phone call or email. Thankfully I had also listed with AMEX just incase CBA failed.

How do you contact the CBA Platinum concierge?

On the back of the card it has the number for Your Platinum Connection as 131661.

When I tried to ring this number, it is just the Commonwealth awards number. It asks you to enter your card number. When I did this, it told me that I have called after hours and to call back on the next business day.

Great concierge service! I thought Platinum concierge services would be 24/7. Is there a different number to use? Or is this it? And what happens if it is during business hours - do you just go through to a Commonwealth bank Awards person?

one9 said:
How do you contact the CBA Platinum concierge?

On the back of the card it has the number for Your Platinum Connection as 131661.

When I tried to ring this number, it is just the Commonwealth awards number. It asks you to enter your card number. When I did this, it told me that I have called after hours and to call back on the next business day.

Great concierge service! I thought Platinum concierge services would be 24/7. Is there a different number to use? Or is this it? And what happens if it is during business hours - do you just go through to a Commonwealth bank Awards person?

You are right, call the 131661 number and enter your card and password. If you don't have a password I think it still should pass you through to a agent to set one up as your Platinum and the agents are there 24 hours a day for Platinum.

Platinum Concierge is 24/7 from what they say, even though some of the reps aren't too sure. CBA has a dedicated concierge team - apparently.

useless

I hold a CBA Platinum Mastercard and I find the concierge absolutely useless.

Firstly the IVR is attrocious, you have to key in your credit card number and then press 1 to enter your pin number , then enter your pin number, then press 3 for concierge and then x for travel and then "your call will be recorded" ..... and then when you finally hear music for 10 minutes, get to an operator they still ask you for your details AGAIN.

Secondly they take for ever to respond: over 2 weeks to find prices in Daylesford and did not give me the prices accomodation I asked for.
Again the information they did not bother to find if there were "low fares" or any special deals (Stay 7 nights, pay for 5)

Thirdly the IVR after hours took me through to FCM Travel and they said "We can't help you as we only handle the CBA Employees!" What the hell?!

Fourthly I asked them to find pricing for a hot water service. Their price was just RRP, and I found my local Tradelink and without even negotiating, their price was $200 less.

The airline ticket prices that the CBA gave me are more expensive than Flight Centre.

I asked them to locate a pharmacist in Australia who has stock of Tamiflu. It took them 72 hours and they gave me 1 company called Drugstore.ca which lists a South African pharmac_ for a price of over $1000 USD. Furthermore, Roche the manufacturers of this, states that "Tamiflu is currently unregistered drug in South Africa and hence any supply is illegal."

When I make requests to them they just say "look it up in Google". They don't really make any effort for you. Their attitude to requests are pathetic and give the "I can't be bothered response."

Quite frankly, as Donald Trump says "You're fired."

The other complaint I have is that you can only have ONE additional card.... how useless is that.

Furthermore on an unrelated matter: If you pay $$ in to your card to make a large transaction you can only accumulate points based on what your CC limit is. e.g. if you have $25,000 credit limit and pay in another $25,000 to buy a $50,000 car, you will only get 25 000 points.

Re: useless

dgruber said:
Secondly they take for ever to respond: over 2 weeks to find prices in Daylesford and did not give me the prices accomodation I asked for.
Again the information they did not bother to find if there were "low fares" or any special deals (Stay 7 nights, pay for 5)

Thirdly the IVR after hours took me through to FCM Travel and they said "We can't help you as we only handle the CBA Employees!" What the hell?!

Fourthly I asked them to find pricing for a hot water service. Their price was just RRP, and I found my local Tradelink and without even negotiating, their price was $200 less.

The airline ticket prices that the CBA gave me are more expensive than Flight Centre.

I asked them to locate a pharmacist in Australia who has stock of Tamiflu. It took them 72 hours and they gave me 1 company called Drugstore.ca which lists a South African pharmac_ for a price of over $1000 USD. Furthermore, Roche the manufacturers of this, states that "Tamiflu is currently unregistered drug in South Africa and hence any supply is illegal."

When I make requests to them they just say "look it up in Google". They don't really make any effort for you. Their attitude to requests are pathetic and give the "I can't be bothered response."

I am a bit surpised that they even tried to find a pharmacist that stocked Tamiflu. Surely, a better bet would be to go ask your local pharmac_ if they could get it in for you.

I've used the service several times. Switched to Visa so I can deal direct with the Visa service instead of CBA only with the Mastercard.

Also mastercard isn't accepted a few places around the world but Visa is always accepted.

Jim said:
I've used the service several times. Switched to Visa so I can deal direct with the Visa service instead of CBA only with the Mastercard.

If you were a CBA Platinum MasterCard cardholder and you called the MasterCard Platinum Concierge direct instead of CBA - would they refuse to help you out?

mick said:
Jim said:

If you were a CBA Platinum MasterCard cardholder and you called the MasterCard Platinum Concierge direct instead of CBA - would they refuse to help you out?

I think from past experience they transfer you to CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back