The aircraft operating QF175 BNE - LAX on 12th March | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The aircraft operating QF175 BNE - LAX on 12th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
783
i am on qf 175 tomorrow from bne to lax. can anyone tell me if this aircraft will be fitted with skybeds. i know the qf website says it is 100% complete i just wanted to be sure.

if anyone could help i will be grateful.

cheers
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
bigjobs said:
i am on qf 175 tomorrow from bne to lax. can anyone tell me if this aircraft will be fitted with skybeds. i know the qf website says it is 100% complete i just wanted to be sure.
The QF web site is 100% accurate.

The only future QF flights to LAX without skybeds will be some QF25/26 services (MEL-AKL-LAX-AKL-MEL) from late April through to early June when the 747-300 is filling in on that route on some days.
 

swissbignose

Member
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
145
NM said:
The QF web site is 100% accurate.
About having all 744s configured with Skybeds.

Said QF web site also states that all flights to Hong Kong from Sydney has AVOD. In reality, all 333 flights to Hong Kong from Sydney have AVOD. A 744 en route to London does not necessarily.
 

xsprint

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
25
NM said:
The only future QF flights to LAX without skybeds will be some QF25/26 services (MEL-AKL-LAX-AKL-MEL) from late April through to early June when the 747-300 is filling in on that route on some days.
Oh no! After reading your post NM I thought I would check my scheduled flight QF26 LAX-AKL-MEL.... sure enough its a 747-300!

No Skybed for me in this metal, although I think a well timed call to my TA to swap on to the skybed 400s a day or so either side is in order.

thanks for the heads up!!!

XS
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
xsprint said:
No Skybed for me in this metal, although I think a well timed call to my TA to swap on to the skybed 400s a day or so either side is in order.
Good move! Avoid the 743-operated QF25/26 services if you have a choice.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
349
Hey bigjobs,

You just missed out on getting Wunala Dreaming. She operated QF 176 LAX-BNE on the day of your departure.

Cheers
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
783
yeah she flew into brisbane as 176 from LAX and then departed for SYD about an hour before i left BNE on Sunday.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
bigjobs said:
yeah she flew into brisbane as 176 from LAX and then departed for SYD about an hour before i left BNE on Sunday.
Unusual for a 3-class to operate QF176, and even more unusual for an -ER to be doing it. Good to see she gets into BNE every now and then.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
349
If what I hear is true, QF should be offering FIRST [once again] to Brisbane mid to late 2007. I presume it will be on BNE-LAX.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
Wunala Dreaming said:
If what I hear is true, QF should be offering FIRST [once again] to Brisbane mid to late 2007. I presume it will be on BNE-LAX.
Hmm, that would be nice to see again. I assume that is with 744 aircraft and partly to offset the flow of passengers wanting the A380 experience.

But I would have expected they would be more likely to use 787 aircraft for BNE-LAX services at some stage, and if they are 3-class it's unlikely to include F.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
349
If it goes ahead, it will be with 747-400E/Rs.

As you've pointed out - 787. I think you'll find that it will replace the 747-400ERs on BNE-LAX-BNE.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,762
Messages
1,857,994
Members
48,599
Latest member
Kezby007
Top