Thai A300 J

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jakeseven7, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Hi all,

Have a couple of trips booked on Thai (J), on their A300/600.

Haven't flown TG on a intra Asia flight before, only long haul, I'm not expecting much from them... - has anyone flown them recently can let me know whats the go with service and seat etc?

I searched airliners.net and only found some photos from 2004 - but I'm betting not much has changed!

I'm flying BKK-SGN return for work, only a short hop so won't be a death sentence if it's not that flash.

thanks

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Not J class or any pictures but here are some comments from AirlineQuality flying economy on the Thai Airways A300/600. There is one comment there about BKK-SGN as well.

3. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Thanks John, from the general gist of the comments looks like I'll be flying on an old mueseum piece of aircraft!;)

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    That is the impression I got as well. Don't expect too much and it should be a pleasant enough short trip.

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I flew on one of the TG A300 crates years ago, and I would expect that they would well and truly be showing their age by now.