Telstra launches Telstra Plus rewards program | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Telstra launches Telstra Plus rewards program

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
An absolutely shocking web site. Why on earth do I need to click every question to see the answer?

Still, I am counting down the days (literally) until NBN is connected and I can cancel my Telstra home phone.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
An absolutely shocking web site. Why on earth do I need to click every question to see the answer?
So there isn't infinite scrolling through every answer till you see the Q you are interested in. Kiddies on their phones ( like me :)) in particular.

I see it's all about the marketing. If you don't keep subscribed to their marketing, a lot of the value, or potential value, disappears.

So they want to give me extra just to pay my bill, which I have to do anyway? Nah, I don't know what the 'catch' is yet, but I'm sure it will irritate me.

Reactions: ALH

theblank

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I had a quicklook, the million dollar question is, how much does one need to spend with Telstra, to earn a $100 reward.
I suspect that the 3 year expiry on points is going to kill off any vallue for everyone except the high spenders (who probably dont care)

Renato1

Established Member
Thanks. I just joined.

Most informative site - I learned there was a Telstra Thanks program that I hadn't heard of before, but must have something to do with the offers they keep sending by email.,
Regards,
Renato

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Bonus points in QFF, and I would be happy to port across my mobile.
Telstra has been spamming me about this for few days now, as in OP's post.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I land in the 'Member' tier. Silver is not that much of a stretch, but can't at the moment see the benefit of that.

Cool Cat Phil

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Yet another paid membership subscription experiment.

Without any real material benefits advertised so far, I can’t see any benefit of paying the subscription fee , let along changing Telco’s for . ;)

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Without any real material benefits advertised so far, I can’t see any benefit of paying the subscription fee , let along changing Telco’s for . ;)
There's no subscription fee as such, as far as I could see. Just get a trifling percentage of whatever you spend...

Cool Cat Phil

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
There's no subscription fee as such, as far as I could see. Just get a trifling percentage of whatever you spend...
.... whilst no fee is apparent yet, most of these tier type membership programs will incur a fee for the premium membership levels.
I’m happy to be proven a sceptic, but I suspect the Telstra marketing department are in the process of completing plenty of quantative and qualitative analysis as to what Telstra customers might accept.

Buzzard

AFF Supporter

A bit off topic but I'll be changing telcos soon to Boost Mobile which is owned by Telstra. $150 pa for unlimited calls/sms/mms and 80 gig which is more than enough for me.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zora.bunoza