taxes and charges with QFF award bookings

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Slats, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Slats

Slats Newbie

Aug 21, 2006
    Can anyone please tell me how to go about getting a quote for taxes and charges for QFF award booking flights prior to making an on-line booking?

Thanks

John

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You can ONLY do this if you have enough points to complete the booking.

It is possible to search for flights and construct a routing using the award booking engine even if you have no points. It will even quote the number of points you need.

BUT, when you get to the stage of +++ calculation you are advised that you do not have enough points and can go no further.

3. Slats

Slats Newbie

Aug 21, 2006
    I have plenty of points for the booking, but I don't want to make it until I know what it will cost in dollars for taxes and charges.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Then do a dummy booking but stop at the page to enter credit card details for the taxes.

5. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Or also i would imagine something like zuji which shows taxes and charges seperate would give an idea of the extra costs.
    You can also now use points for taxes/changes instead of cash, i think its for domestic flights only.

Evan

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As Kiwi Flyer posted, go through the booking process, complete the booking, either by returning to your origin and clicking on "Book Itinerary" or clicking "Complete Booking" ehrn your routing is complete.

You will then need to enter at least on set of phone details. Then you click "Next >" and you will see the taxes under 'Charges and Tax Details'.