Sydney Airport (SYD) in the news

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by QF WP, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Sydney Airport has reported its busiest month on record, offering further evidence Qantas could be enjoying its strongest demand for international flights in years and be primed for another profit upgrade...

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Sydney Airport has lashed out at warnings by its Brisbane rival that the privatisation of Qantas could reduce competition among airports, describing the allegations as offensive and unfounded...

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hmmm, Sydney Airport is owned by which company that is also an investor in the APA bit to buy Qantas? That would Macquarie Bank, now would it not? Perhaps a slight conflict of interest there?

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Virgin Blue is taking the operator of Sydney Airport to the competition regulator because of a dispute over landing fees...

Go you good thing!!

5. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Fears a jet could slam into a retail development planned for Sydney Airport have prompted the federal government to reject the proposal...

6. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Oh, is that what was being built at the end of the third runway, on the other side of the road form the tower? There has been a lot of building activity around there for quite a while!

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Maybe they should just turn it into a cemetery so they are ready for that jet that expected to crash into the area :rolleyes: .

8. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    LOL... Or shove a few air-bridges on the re-submitted design and call it T4. (T1, T3 [maybe T2] seem little more than glorified shopping malls these days.)

9. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    See we have found some viable options for them already!

Did you hear about the worst Irish air disaster? A Cessna 150 crashed into a cemetery. Authorities recovered 540 bodies from the wreckage, making it the worst air disaster in Irish history.

10. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    The Federal Transport Minister's rejection of a draft plan to redevelop land around Sydney Airport is tipped to ignite demand for space in the South Sydney commercial and industrial district...

11. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Sydney Airport is even more under the yoke of Macquarie Airports after the airport investment vehicle completed its purchase of a further 15.1 per cent stake in the asset...

12. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    The operator of Sydney Airport has posted a 6.8 per cent rise in earnings for the first quarter of the year, and says new airline routes will add to future growth....