Sunday Service BNE POM - July

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by highflyingkiwi, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. highflyingkiwi

Aug 11, 2012
    PNG
    FYI for anyone looking to come up to Port Moresby, subject to approval VA will finally be flying in and out of POM on a Sunday (to BNE). And I have to say... About time!
    I'm still not keen to book advance tickets until they get approval, but given the heavy loads Friday and Monday, I can see a lot of people (including myself) using Sunday, especially with the bounce flight through to AKL :)

2. swanning_it

swanning_it Suspended

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #2 swanning_it, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Actually, this surprises me a bit. The BNE-POM route must be a money spinner for the airlines and I didn't think they'd want to add services. Unless VA improve their offering (which I doubt) or drop fares considerably, I'll continue to fly PX. POM actually needs a later Fri night POM-BNE flight more than anything.

I just checked the BNE-POM Sunday time and the PX flight time still suits better. Why fly earlier into POM than need be? ;)

3. highflyingkiwi

Aug 11, 2012
    PNG
    VA has better connections for some of us :). It has to be targeted at resident families, much easier to come in on a Sunday flight to get the kids off to school on Monday morning... But it would be nice if they dropped the flexi back down to a reasonable rate, 100% over saver for a scummy sandwich is over the top IMHO. And the new PX fit out is light years ahead of VA fit out, better seats, more room, better J... Just Works too much on PNG time and too many cancel flights

4. swanning_it

swanning_it Suspended

Feb 13, 2011
    Gold Coast and PNG Highlands
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    :shock: :shock: Do you mean to tell me there are other destinations apart from SEQ that any sane person would wish to go to? :shock: :shock: