status credits question | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

status credits question

Status
Not open for further replies.

millarise

Just wondering if someone could help:

I am currently silver and will be reassessed at the end of November and have already requalified for silver. I am about to do an o/s business class trip which will not be enough to get me to gold. If I withheld my frequent flyer number but kept the boarding passes etc and advised Qantas in December of the flight (after my status re-assessment) would the points go into the new assessment year ??? it would give me a great start in the chase to get back to gold next year ...... or are Qantas sophistocated enough to backdate the status credits to last year ???

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
millarise said:
Just wondering if someone could help:

I am currently silver and will be reassessed at the end of November and have already requalified for silver. I am about to do an o/s business class trip which will not be enough to get me to gold. If I withheld my frequent flyer number but kept the boarding passes etc and advised Qantas in December of the flight (after my status re-assessment) would the points go into the new assessment year ??? it would give me a great start in the chase to get back to gold next year ...... or are Qantas sophistocated enough to backdate the status credits to last year ???
I had this situation, although it was due to points not being credited, rather than withholding the number. My statement came through and the Status Credits were listed as Adjustment to Lifetime Status Credits. Not really applied to either year as far as I could see.

So, they might not be applied as you are trying to do.

NM

Flights
My Map
This ploy used ot work a few years ago. But now when they manually adjust for missing flights from the previous membership year your statement will show a points adjustment and an adjustment to your lifetime status credits. You will not get the SCs for the new membership year.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Definitely no chance of using that scam...they look at the dates flown and will credit SC's as oz_mark advised.

You'd be an excellent candidate for an American Airlines Platinum Challenge...where you'll get AA Plat (equivalent to QF Gold) in probably 1 or 2 flights. Status valid to 28 Feb 2007 (as you're completing before end of year). Gives you access to QF Clubs, Business Class check-in and redemptions many times better than QF - could you fly anywhere in Australia or NZ for 20K points???

Use FewMiles AA Gold & Plat information pages here for a basic understanding of what the Challenge means and how it works (the tables are out of date).

Who are you flying with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee