Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Starwood Preferred Guest Promotion...50,000 points

Discussion in 'General Hotel Loyalty Discussion' started by QF WP, Mar 14, 2003.

1. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Courtesy of cutting and pasting from kpc at FT -
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Basically the deal is to stay at 5 properties (each a different brand in the Starwood Group) and get 50,000 Starwood points. Promotion runs from March 15 through July 31, 2003. For each 20,000 Starwood points converterd at a 1:1 ratio to QF FF points, Starwood throws in an extra 5,000 bonus points.

For example (again, courtesy of kpc), you might consider:

Melbourne - Sheraton Towers Southgate - Luxury
    Melbourne - The Westin Melbourne - Westin
    Sydney - Four Points by Sheraton Sydney - Four Points
    Sydney - Sheraton on the Park - Sheraton
    Sydney - W Sydney - W

Lucky me, I'm at the Sydney Four points next weekend and then Sheraton Towers Southgate on following Tuesday (might have to move to The Westin Melbourne the following night). The others should be a breeze before July 31.

For registration details, check out SPG website

2. supergirl

supergirl Newbie

Mar 15, 2003
    Newcastle
    Thanks Lindsay

Sounds like a great deal. So good that I just went and joined SPG :D What's the best way to save money on this? Can I use my Entertainment card and still qualify for the points?

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I've been checking internet rates for various times, but with 3 months to do it in, I'm not to fussed just yet. Don't know about the Entertainment Card.

4. supergirl

supergirl Newbie

Mar 15, 2003
    Newcastle
    I checked my Entertainment book and the discount is for a min. 2 nights so I think I'll save that for now. Dh and I are heading to Sydney for the Santana concert on Thurs night. We're now staying at the Four Points :)

5. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    I am very honoured to be quoted by the "Posting Freak" ! :D
    Unfortunately, unless you have alraedy registered, this promotion is now closed. :x

Lindsay...YHM

6. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Well, be honoured again, kpc :wink: :

"the following promotion was sent to some members....you can sign up on the following page SPG 20K bonus point offer and my understanding is that this promo can be combined with the 50 k promo!!!!"