Starting the AA Platinum challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd089

Newbie
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
8
Points
0
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the posts re the above. Am starting the challenge on the 16th and am trying to work out how many points I will get out of this one intinerary.

BANGKOK - HONG KONG I CLASS CATHAY
HONG KONG - LONDON I CLASS CATHAY
LONDON - GENEVA I CLASS BA

GENEVA-LONDON I CLASS BA
LONDON- HONG KONG I CLASS CATHAY
HONG KONG- BANGKOK I CLASS CATHAY

Thanks for any advice
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
cbd089 said:
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the posts re the above. Am starting the challenge on the 16th and am trying to work out how many points I will get out of this one intinerary.

BANGKOK - HONG KONG I CLASS CATHAY
HONG KONG - LONDON I CLASS CATHAY
LONDON - GENEVA I CLASS BA

GENEVA-LONDON I CLASS BA
LONDON- HONG KONG I CLASS CATHAY
HONG KONG- BANGKOK I CLASS CATHAY

Thanks for any advice


Well a visit to AA.com and you can see that I class earns 1.5 points per mile flown on both BA and CX and 1.25 miles per mile flown

Using the great circle mapper at http://gc.kls2.com/

BKK-HKG is 1048 miles
HKG-LHR is 5994 miles
LHR-GVA is 470 miles

at 1.5 qpoints per miles flown, the HKG-LHR will complete the lack-of-challenge and you will officially be a stealer of candy from babies

Mileage earning will be

1048 * 1.25 as a base member
5994+470+470+5994+1048 * 2.25 as a candy stealer member

Total miles earned is 32,756 approxand total qpoints earned is 22,626

Dave
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,892
Points
1,570
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Dave Noble is indeed the purveyor of taking Platinum status from American Airlines...I learnt everything I know about it from him :shock:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,461
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Lindsay Wilson said:
Dave Noble is indeed the purveyor of taking Platinum status from American Airlines...I learnt everything I know about it from him :shock:
Everything :shock:
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,892
Points
1,570
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Just keep reading the sentence, serfty:

I learnt everything I know about it (AA Plat Challenge) from him

He's very handy to have as a friend :wink:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,461
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Lindsay Wilson said:
QFF Plat (OW Emerald,) QC Life, 93.24% to Lifetime Silver, NW Plat WPerks, SQ KrisFlyer, UA. SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP, Avis Pref, Hertz No 1, et al
And I hope the 93.24% refers to the status and not to the lifetime :p .
 
Easy to install and operate, this 10 in 1 lens kit can be used on your Smartphone.

The kit includes a 198 degree fisheye lens, 0.63x wide angle lens, 15x Macro lens, a super wide angle lens, 0.36X , 2x telephoto lens , Kaleidoscope Lens plus a circular polariser lens, star filter lens, flow filter lens.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
NM said:
And I hope the 93.24% refers to the status and not to the lifetime :p .
On FT it is 93.25%. :shock: :? :p :oops: :(
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,715
Solutions
12
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
JohnK said:
... On FT it is 93.25%. :shock: :? :p :oops: :(
That's probably due to differences in rounding processes between Oz and US based boards when metric time is taken into account! 8)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
serfty said:
JohnK said:
... On FT it is 93.25%. :shock: :? :p :oops: :(
That's probably due to differences in rounding processes between Oz and US based boards when metric time is taken into account! 8)
There is that metric time again :!: Knew we should have stuck to imperial time. :roll: Easier to remember. :oops:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,749
Messages
2,163,427
Members
54,676
Latest member
Deepak Palakurthi

Staff online

Top