Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Sq Y Ife

Status
Not open for further replies.

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,358
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
A friend is flying SQ to the Maldives for his honeymoon soon. He wants to know what type of headphone connector SQ use on the 777 aircraft in Y. Is it a single 3.5mm stereo jack or the dual 3.5mm mono like Qantas use on some aircraft? Or is it something different again. He wants to use his new Shure E500 earphones and wants to make sure he has the right connector. I am sure the folks here will know for sure.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
I think it is 3 prong (thinking back to my last SQ Y flight) - definitely 3 prong in first and business.

Note SQ has several different configs for 777. There is 777-200ER (labelled as such on SQ website) which is longhaul product. There is 777-200ER labelled as 772 which has 2-class and 3-class configs, both regional product. There is 777-300 labelled as 773 which has 3-class regional product. There is 777-300ER labelled as 77W which is the new longhaul product.

Maldives (and Brisbane assuming that is where flying from) has regional product. I'd need to look up as to which one exactly.
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
Three prong plugs are used for noise cancelling setups only, in Y it would be two prong, the third prong is for power.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,358
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
I think it is 3 prong (thinking back to my last SQ Y flight) - definitely 3 prong in first and business.

Note SQ has several different configs for 777. There is 777-200ER (labelled as such on SQ website) which is longhaul product. There is 777-200ER labelled as 772 which has 2-class and 3-class configs, both regional product. There is 777-300 labelled as 773 which has 3-class regional product. There is 777-300ER labelled as 77W which is the new longhaul product.

Maldives (and Brisbane assuming that is where flying from) has regional product. I'd need to look up as to which one exactly.
I believe both will be 2-class 772 aircraft (at least being sold as 2-class). But they will be confined to Y.

unless they provide noise cancelling headphones in Y, then I would not expect it to be 3-pint connection.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,358
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
markis10 said:
Three prong plugs are used for noise cancelling setups only, in Y it would be two prong, the third prong is for power.
Thanks. I will suggest he prepares for 2-pin connection (using appropriate adapter available fro DSE) and can always revert to single 3.5mm stereo connector.
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
NM said:
....then I would not expect it to be 3-pint connection.
3 PINT connection in SIN - I like the sound of that!! :D
 
Last edited:
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
Shano said:
3 PINT connection in SIN - I like the sound of that!! :D

I prefer a 3 Dom's connection. I'll leave it to your imagination as to how long that is (and what time of day) :D
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,358
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
I prefer a 3 Dom's connection. I'll leave it to your imagination as to how long that is (and what time of day) :D
How about 3 pints of dom? Surely they will serve the Dom in a pint glass upon request?
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
We've been served a whole bottle before (more than once). :D Bottle is a bit bigger than a pint glass.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,326
Solutions
10
Points
3,285
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Kiwi Flyer said:
... Bottle is a bit bigger than a pint glass.
But a lot harder to drink out of without spillage. :shock:

And that's sacrilege! :evil:

:p :p
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
serfty said:
But a lot harder to drink out of without spillage. :shock:

And that's sacrilege! :evil:

:p :p

I'll take your word for it - we didn't try.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,358
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
I'll take your word for it - we didn't try.
Ahh, so there was two of you. In that case you need to use the pint glass with two straws :mrgreen: .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top