Sq Y Ife | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Sq Y Ife

Status
Not open for further replies.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
A friend is flying SQ to the Maldives for his honeymoon soon. He wants to know what type of headphone connector SQ use on the 777 aircraft in Y. Is it a single 3.5mm stereo jack or the dual 3.5mm mono like Qantas use on some aircraft? Or is it something different again. He wants to use his new Shure E500 earphones and wants to make sure he has the right connector. I am sure the folks here will know for sure.

Kiwi Flyer

I think it is 3 prong (thinking back to my last SQ Y flight) - definitely 3 prong in first and business.

Note SQ has several different configs for 777. There is 777-200ER (labelled as such on SQ website) which is longhaul product. There is 777-200ER labelled as 772 which has 2-class and 3-class configs, both regional product. There is 777-300 labelled as 773 which has 3-class regional product. There is 777-300ER labelled as 77W which is the new longhaul product.

Maldives (and Brisbane assuming that is where flying from) has regional product. I'd need to look up as to which one exactly.

markis10

Veteran Member
Three prong plugs are used for noise cancelling setups only, in Y it would be two prong, the third prong is for power.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I think it is 3 prong (thinking back to my last SQ Y flight) - definitely 3 prong in first and business.

Note SQ has several different configs for 777. There is 777-200ER (labelled as such on SQ website) which is longhaul product. There is 777-200ER labelled as 772 which has 2-class and 3-class configs, both regional product. There is 777-300 labelled as 773 which has 3-class regional product. There is 777-300ER labelled as 77W which is the new longhaul product.

Maldives (and Brisbane assuming that is where flying from) has regional product. I'd need to look up as to which one exactly.
I believe both will be 2-class 772 aircraft (at least being sold as 2-class). But they will be confined to Y.

unless they provide noise cancelling headphones in Y, then I would not expect it to be 3-pint connection.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
markis10 said:
Three prong plugs are used for noise cancelling setups only, in Y it would be two prong, the third prong is for power.
Thanks. I will suggest he prepares for 2-pin connection (using appropriate adapter available fro DSE) and can always revert to single 3.5mm stereo connector.

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
NM said:
....then I would not expect it to be 3-pint connection.
3 PINT connection in SIN - I like the sound of that!! :D

Last edited:

Kiwi Flyer

Shano said:
3 PINT connection in SIN - I like the sound of that!! :D
I prefer a 3 Dom's connection. I'll leave it to your imagination as to how long that is (and what time of day) :D

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I prefer a 3 Dom's connection. I'll leave it to your imagination as to how long that is (and what time of day) :D
How about 3 pints of dom? Surely they will serve the Dom in a pint glass upon request?

Kiwi Flyer

We've been served a whole bottle before (more than once). :D Bottle is a bit bigger than a pint glass.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
... Bottle is a bit bigger than a pint glass.
But a lot harder to drink out of without spillage. :shock:

And that's sacrilege! :evil:

:p :p

Kiwi Flyer

serfty said:
But a lot harder to drink out of without spillage. :shock:

And that's sacrilege! :evil:

:p :p
I'll take your word for it - we didn't try.

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I'll take your word for it - we didn't try.
Ahh, so there was two of you. In that case you need to use the pint glass with two straws :mrgreen: .

Status
Not open for further replies.