SQ booking engine takes you on a mystery tour:P | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

SQ booking engine takes you on a mystery tour:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspro2

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
233
So, I was just checking out MEL-SIN-CDG on the SQ site's booking engine. Chose my preferred fare from the date grid and was then offered flights between SFO and SIN. How creative! :shock:

Clicked back to the initial form and proceeded forward again. All of a sudden I was travelling with a child, though on the correct route. Interesssssting.

Clicked back again and corrected the fellow travellers (none)... achieved the correct route and flights. Yay!

Clicked back to the price grid and suddenly was travelling PER-SIN as two adults and three children. :shock: :shock:

Better than a QF mystery flight! :wink:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Did you also get to choose at which destination your luggage would arrive?
 

aspro2

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
233
NM said:
Did you also get to choose at which destination your luggage would arrive?
LOL I'm sure they would have needed my credit card details for that... and who knows, maybe the credit card would have ended up at JFK in F class. :D
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Sounds like you have something wrong with cookies. You need to have them enabled for booking engine to work correctly when you go back and forth.
 

aspro2

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
233
Kiwi Flyer said:
Sounds like you have something wrong with cookies. You need to have them enabled for booking engine to work correctly when you go back and forth.
Sounds like it doesn't it. But no, all is functioning well there... at least for every other site (and as such, the cookies would probably only store a session ID, and that would be unlikely to change four times unless the site itself was generating anomalies). Anyway, this was just amusement rather than frustration.
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Kiwi Flyer said:
Sounds like you have something wrong with cookies. You need to have them enabled for booking engine to work correctly when you go back and forth.
I've also experienced problems with SQ, especially after they upgraded :roll: their web-site; dates and destinations often jumping around like popcorn.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,713
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Like I've had similar problems with other travel-related web sites like QF's, Hilton's and SPG's.

Never had that problem with SQ. If I do, I'll wonder why I'm there :roll: (it'll have to be that OW don't fly there)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
BlacKnox said:
I've also experienced problems with SQ, especially after they upgraded :roll: their web-site; dates and destinations often jumping around like popcorn.
Don't you mean "enhanced" their web-site?
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Oh yes enhanced in the fullest sense of the word.

Some origins no longer bookable online (always returns errors). Multi-city no longer working properly. Some useful info no longer available to general public (need to be signed in and sufficient status to view).

:(

On the plus side you can now paste links to forums like this and it goes to the right page (previous use of frames beggared up all links).
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Lindsay Wilson said:
Like I've had similar problems with other travel-related web sites like QF's, Hilton's and SPG's.
As have I - most recently with the Amex travel website. It was quoting fantastically low F fairs for SYD-SIN-SYD, but when I tried to purchase it would just give me an error message and then redisplay a different low fare . I could never get it to work. :(
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
It would be so much easier if travel websites let you do the following simple steps

1) what flights do you want
2) what class do you want
3) what dates do you want
4) what price do you want
5) hit submit
6) confirmed
 

aspro2

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
233
Kiwi Flyer said:
It would be so much easier if travel websites let you do the following simple steps

1) what flights do you want
2) what class do you want
3) what dates do you want
4) what price do you want
5) hit submit
6) confirmed
Of course, none of these simple steps would be necessary if a greater proportion of T/As actually knew their field of 'expertise'... alas it seems the proportion will never again rise above 1% (is that an optimistic figure :oops:)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
It would be so much easier if travel websites let you do the following simple steps

1) what flights do you want
BNE-LHR-BNE
Kiwi Flyer said:
2) what class do you want
First
Kiwi Flyer said:
3) what dates do you want
Tomorrow
Kiwi Flyer said:
4) what price do you want
$1
5) hit submit
6) confirmed
Where do I find this booking engine?
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
NM said:
BlacKnox said:
I've also experienced problems with SQ, especially after they upgraded :roll: their web-site; dates and destinations often jumping around like popcorn.
Don't you mean "enhanced" their web-site?
Yep, those were the words I was searching for - enhanced their web-site :D .
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,098
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
NM said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
It would be so much easier if travel websites let you do the following simple steps

1) what flights do you want
BNE-LHR-BNE
Kiwi Flyer said:
2) what class do you want
First
Kiwi Flyer said:
3) what dates do you want
Tomorrow
Kiwi Flyer said:
4) what price do you want
$1
5) hit submit
6) confirmed
Where do I find this booking engine?
Kiwi Flyer forgot:

4a) FF point/Mile/Status Credit/Tier Credit/Qpoint Earning?

YES 8)
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
That comes under class - first, business, premium economy, economy at full mileage & full SCs, economy at discounted mileage and full SCs, economy at discounted mileage & discounted SCs, economy non-mileage & SC earning.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
That comes under class - first, business, premium economy, economy at full mileage & full SCs, economy at discounted mileage and full SCs, economy at discounted mileage & discounted SCs, economy non-mileage & SC earning.
And don't forget Wing Traveller Plus class.

You should also be able to select smoking (ie outside) or non-smoking (inside).
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Next I suppose you'll be wanting option to select free food or pay, snack or proper meal; and another option for free booze, pay for booze or dry flight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,298
Messages
2,079,743
Members
53,703
Latest member
prome03
Top