Signature Card -> Premier Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodborer

Established Member
Email today

Citi Rewards Signature Card changes
CAL-549_spacer.png
Effective 19 January 2020, your Citi Rewards Signature Card will be known as the Citi Premier Card to align with Citi credit cards globally.​

No enhancements that I can see or described in the email. Just a name change.

Let's hope that this name change isn't some excuse for them to walk back the fee-free-for-life Signature deal.

I wouldn't pay a credit card annual fee whatsoever. The tricks they are playing with the Infinite card benefits don't exactly inspire me with confidence that the FFFL Signature cards aren't somehow in their cross-hairs.

I haven't used my SIgnature VISA in atleast a year. I use the linked Diners Club card for a charity donation once a month, but that's about it. Everything else goes on AMEX or the Coles Rewards Mastercard. So if I have to start paying an annual fee I'll be closing the card off quick smart.

All the benefits of my Signature card and FFFL will be transferred to the Citi Premier card, so I have been told by Citibank

I just received my new cards, from my old card of simply Visa Signature, to "citi PREMIER" Visa Signature. Both Citi and Diners are flat cards, no more embossed card numbers, but I get something extra instead : a hand full of glue.

When you receive a card, there is always a sticker stuck on the card, saying you need to activate the card. These new stickers I got feel very different from previous stickers I received (Citi, Suncorp, Bankwest, AmEx, etc). These stickers are very hard to peel, and the glue is completely melted. My cards, and my fingers, are completely covered in glue.

Anyone got free glue with their new cards?

Now that this change has come into effect, I assume those of you with this card can still transfer your Citi Rewards points at the same rates as before?

Aside from the name change, I haven't seen anything really change.
Interestingly, I got a new card mid last year, and it was called Premier then. Must have been planning it for a while'

When you receive a card, there is always a sticker stuck on the card, saying you need to activate the card. These new stickers I got feel very different from previous stickers I received (Citi, Suncorp, Bankwest, AmEx, etc). These stickers are very hard to peel, and the glue is completely melted. My cards, and my fingers, are completely covered in glue
Had this drama also when our 4 new cards came in the mail the other day. Quick wipe is isopropyl and they were good to go!

Had this drama also when our 4 new cards came in the mail the other day. Quick wipe is isopropyl and they were good to go!

My sister used hair dryer to heat the cards up on low heat, before peeling ... My cards are now in a mess with dirt glued to them.

I've got a Premier card and need to satisfy the minimum spend of 4k. I'm moving houses and thinking of using the card to pay the rental bond here in NSW. Any idea whether this is a valid spend, or is it considered a cash advance? Pre-requisite question, can the rental bond be paid with a credit card?

The main change I see is that there was a Qantas variant of the Signature card, but there isnt a Qantas version fo the Premier card - which is a pain as i was planning to churn to it this month and it has disappeared.

This give points for income insurance or no insurances at all?

Anyone got free glue with their new cards?
Yep! Me too. I guess it's a built in incentive to not request a new card. I know I won't be when it takes 15mins to clean all the bloody glue off it after you peel the sticker off. Don't dare try using meths or eucalyptus oil or any other such solvent to clean it off otherwise you very definitely will be requesting a new card!

Both sides of the card didn't peel away cleanly. The back glue was stuck so firmly to the letter it just tore the paper off. At least on the back side, you can 'roll' the rubber glue off cleanly after you've torn all the paper, but on the front side the activate sticker cannot be got off cleanly no matter how careful you are. I had six cards to do, so trust me when I say I tried everything and nothing worked!

I had to use multipurpose bathroom cleaner and lots of rubbing with a cloth to get all the glue off each and every card before I could scan them both sides into a multi-image TIF for future ID purposes. Ridiculous.

Reactions: VPS
Yep! Me too. I guess it's a built in incentive to not request a new card. I know I won't be when it takes 15mins to clean all the bloody glue off it after you peel the sticker off. Don't dare try using meths or eucalyptus oil or any other such solvent to clean it off otherwise you very definitely will be requesting a new card!

Both sides of the card didn't peel away cleanly. The back glue was stuck so firmly to the letter it just tore the paper off. At least on the back side, you can 'roll' the rubber glue off cleanly after you've torn all the paper, but on the front side the activate sticker cannot be got off cleanly no matter how careful you are. I had six cards to do, so trust me when I say I tried everything and nothing worked!

I had to use multipurpose bathroom cleaner and lots of rubbing with a cloth to get all the glue off each and every card before I could scan them both sides into a multi-image TIF for future ID purposes. Ridiculous.

mmm I used eucalyptus oil and now it's too oily and I can't do the signature and I've used a bit of soap on it. Not sure whether to request a new card or try and use Windex or something - any suggestions.

Yep simple. Don't bother signing it. I haven't bothered to sign any of my 7 credit cards for at least the last 3 years! Signatures have not been a valid form of payment authorisation for a very long time now so your signature is completely worthless and pointless anyway.

I have never had a payment rejected for the card not being signed which only proves what a worthless security feature it is. Even in America where signing receipts is still a massive thing when paying by credit card, it matters not a jot what you have or don't have on the signature strip. No-one bothers even looking at it and no-one cares that the card is technically invalid without a signature.

In 3 years approximately, the only merchant who has commented that my card was unsigned was the cashier in First Choice liquor who needed to see my card for an online order pickup. The numbers on the back meant she had to turn it over and when she did, she commented "you haven't signed this card". I said, "yeah I know", and that was that. I got my wine and left.

• Informative
Reactions: VPS
Last month I cancelled my citibank card because the $49 rewards fee came up and I don't use it much so decided to cancel it. They didn't do the final direct debit and then charged me interest so I called again and said right cancel my debit card as well because I don't use that either. She then proceeded to wipe of the $26 owing. Today I got a cheque for 2 cents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back