Selected Freddie results | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Selected Freddie results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
What a joke. Virgin Blue was 10th for asia-pacific in the vote for best elite level vs Qantas 20th. Who is so confused that they think Virgin Blue has an elite level, let alone one of the best ones?

Best Elite Level

DJ won a Freddie for 2nd year running, for best award redemption asia-pacific.

Best Award Redemption

Supposedly for the any seat. Again, how? NZ offers any seat and includes business class, and has far more partners.

DJ 4th in best program asia-pacific

Program of the Year
 

garyjohn951

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
561
Must have been the same people that voted QF best AVOD last year, except they forgot that not all QF planes to UK had it or on its reliabilty in that vote !
 

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
Kiwi Flyer said:
What a joke. Virgin Blue was 10th for asia-pacific in the vote for best elite level vs Qantas 20th...
May I suggest that the figures are skewed.


Briefly... of course the small percent of votes that DJ velocity got would generate high results, as the program is fairly new, and members are generally happy. There are also a number of disgruntled QFF flyers, likely to vote DJ highly.

QF, with around 2.5 times the number of voters, as a mature program (from an airline in a cost focus cycle), will attract more voters who are unhappy (especially, those who voted up DJ’s results).

I doubt that many of the voters in these awards are able to effectively compare FF programs, across multiple airlines, with the same insight that some on the AFF forum can (particularly you Kiwi Flyer).
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
d15.in.oz said:
May I suggest that the figures are skewed.

Briefly... of course the small percent of votes that DJ velocity got would generate high results, as the program is fairly new, and members are generally happy. There are also a number of disgruntled QFF flyers, likely to vote DJ highly.

QF, with around 2.5 times the number of voters, as a mature program (from an airline in a cost focus cycle), will attract more voters who are unhappy (especially, those who voted up DJ’s results).

I doubt that many of the voters in these awards are able to effectively compare FF programs, across multiple airlines, with the same insight that some on the AFF forum can (particularly you Kiwi Flyer).
Some valid points, but unless cheating you cannot both vote a high score for DJ and a low for QF in the same category.

And in the case of elite level category - you don't need to be familiar with lots of other FFPs to know that DJ doesn't have an elite level. Just some very basic travel literacy.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,653
Flights
My Map
In program of the year for hotels, Radisson came number 10, and given it is not offered in this part of the world, quite a good result.
 

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
Kiwi Flyer said:
...unless cheating you cannot both vote a high score for DJ and a low for QF in the same category...
Would a disgruntled QFF member do that?:oops:


The only thing I get from these figures - is the perception of which airlines currently have consumer momentum. And generally this seems to be a factor of, quantity and originality of innovations.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,653
Flights
My Map
d15.in.oz said:
Would a disgruntled QFF member do that?:oops:

The only thing I get from these figures - is the perception of which airlines currently have consumer momentum. And generally this seems to be a factor of, quantity and originality of innovations.
Possibly some halo effects happening as well. If you rate highly the bits you know about, you tend to rate that other parts highly as well.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,256
Flights
My Map
I thought we went through this discussion last year :D

I have no qualms in admitting I voted highly for Velocity in some categories (definately not elite benefits though!).

Obviously other people did too. In my opinion it is a great scheme and fits into a good segment of the marketplace in Australia.

They deserve their award.

Other companies I voted heavily for also came up well in the Asia Pac results.

I do see the Freddies being used for "protest votes" against certain hotels and carriers, but I also see the Freddies as representing the current interest and value perceived in a particular program.

(An idea of the the Protest Vote syndrome is how poorly Hilton came out vs Starwood. There is quite a backlash against Hilton due to their lack of promotions whereas SPG is looking after members well with promotions and got good results)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,298
Messages
1,875,183
Members
49,187
Latest member
jyc_chan10
Top