Scams like these

Good Day,

My name is Paul Meyer. I am the managing director of ABV OIL. We are a direct certified mandate to end seller government refinery companies in Poland, UK, Kazakhstan, Georgia for the supply of Petroleum products.

Currently, we are allocating our products on discount to capable buyers. We have Jet fuel, D2 Gas oil, D6 for capable buyer lift in Houston and Rotterdam commercial sea ports and also we have vessels onboard with products for capable buyer take over to any safe world port.

You can Kindly provide us your email address and WhatsApp contact to enable us forward to you our soft corporate offer (SCO)for your review.

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint.

I have never received a scam email related to myGov. Today I went into the Medicare App to check on dates of prior vaccines and one of the options in the account is to access myGov. I logged out of Medicare and 30 minutes later I received the below email:

"You have a message in your myGov inbox.

Click ngov.au <link removed> to view

Regards, myGov team"

Coincidence ??

I have never received a scam email related to myGov. Today I went into the Medicare App to check on dates of prior vaccines and one of the options in the account is to access myGov. I logged out of Medicare and 30 minutes later I received the below email:

"You have a message in your myGov inbox.

Click ngov.au <link removed> to view

Regards, myGov team"

Coincidence ??
yes. :) It is a marvelous thing!

I really am missing out. Never had a Nigerian prince email me, or fake linkt text me, or Colesworths, or ATO, or… guess I’m not going to enough of the ‘blue’ websites that the rest of you filthy crowd are! 😁
Or it could be that I’ve never had a fakebook or myface or Insta, or snapthing, or whatever account.

I did take a taxi to and from an airport in the past week, so legitimately fell for that scam.

Love some of the email addresses

Frank Sorrentino <[email protected]_x>

Hi Customer,

we noticed your subscription is set to expire soon. To continue enjoying uninterrupted access to our premium features, please renew your subscription by 28-5-2024. Renew now and stay connected with us!

Regards,

Support Team

Love some of the email addresses

Frank Sorrentino <[email protected]_x>

Hi Customer,

we noticed your subscription is set to expire soon. To continue enjoying uninterrupted access to our premium features, please renew your subscription by 28-5-2024. Renew now and stay connected with us!

Regards,

Support Team
Frank is using that to prevent casual spam! :)

And another one

[email protected]_

06 June 2024

Customer ID: SW592878818

Dear customer,

we noticed a login to your account!

If you have made this transaction or notice any error
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions.

warms regards,
Team-Support

More cr@p

Notification_REStore_Offices 3250778 <[email protected]_
Good morning VPS
We have verified that your contact information and billing information
are accurate. Please ensure that the Service ID 9711218037 is
accurate.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

These scams all seem fairly pointless to me, yes if you reply they have found a real person with a real email address..big deal
What next, how do they spin their initial silly emails into something more sinister that may get them some money ?

I don't see the point of these. We get they all the time. There's no clickable link or attachment. Do they actually belive someone wold be fstupid enough to be fooled (althought many get scared by this kind of thing and can get fooled I suppose) and call the number? Which presumably asks for personaly details or links to a high cost paid call?

If one "did" have a bogus PayPal charge then one disputes that via a direct login to your paypal account, not by calling the scammer.

And just as with MYGov messages, they also "spoil" the scam by repeatedly sending similar emails to the same address a number of times.

I don't see the point of these. We get they all the time. There's no clickable link or attachment. Do they actually belive someone wold be fstupid enough to be fooled (althought many get scared by this kind of thing and can get fooled I suppose) and call the number? Which presumably asks for personaly details or links to a high cost paid call?

If one "did" have a bogus PayPal charge then one disputes that via a direct login to your paypal account, not by calling the scammer.

And just as with MYGov messages, they also "spoil" the scam by repeatedly sending similar emails to the same address a number of times.
The reality is that they only need one person to be stupid/ignorant enough for the payoff to be worthwhile.

I have a friend is hopeless at technology and she would probably ring them - lovely lady but sometimes I just 🤷‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

These scams all seem fairly pointless to me, yes if you reply they have found a real person with a real email address..big deal
What next, how do they spin their initial silly emails into something more sinister that may get them some money ?
I think lists of validated real addresses have value to scammers, and can be sold for $.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back