Rockfords discussion

blackcat20

Enthusiast
I will definitely add the insurance next time, I've been very lucky so far (years and years of wine deliveries). Fortunately Aus Post compensates up to $100 so I can replace the broken bottle. But I have to take the box and glass into my local AP store to lodge the claim.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I don't feel that it's right that the purchaser needs to pay for insurance here. Rockford charge a small fortune for delivery to start with. But at the end of the day, I feel any vendor who is selling online has a duty to ensure the goods reach the customer in good condition.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
I don't feel that it's right that the purchaser needs to pay for insurance here. Rockford charge a small fortune for delivery to start with. But at the end of the day, I feel any vendor who is selling online has a duty to ensure the goods reach the customer in good condition.
And their boxes aren't the most sturdy.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I have always paid for insurance, but my orders tend to be in the hundreds o_O so I'm always a bit worried. Didn't realise AP covered damage to a certain extent!

blackcat20

Enthusiast
I have always paid for insurance, but my orders tend to be in the hundreds o_O so I'm always a bit worried. Didn't realise AP covered damage to a certain extent!
As do mine but usually a lot more care is taken. Clearly Covid has gone to their heads.
AP cover up to $100 (used to be $50) when no additional cover is taken.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
My order arrived today. Didn't ring the door bell (surprise surprise). Only knew it was there because we heard the bottles topple as the box collapsed.

Will you be letting Rocky know about that? (A Post's performance). The cartons have 'Do not tip' and up arrow labels on them but of course A Post ignore that.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Will you be letting Rocky know about that? (A Post's performance). The cartons have 'Do not tip' and up arrow labels on them but of course A Post ignore that.
Yes, I sent them an email last night with photos.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions

Aus post are very clear that it's not their responsibility :rolleyes:

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Aus post are very clear that it's not their responsibility :rolleyes:

Yes, I recall when I was paying postage on a thin, A4 sized book I was sending. I wrote 'Do not bend" across 2 corners and the person on the desk actually said "You realise that we are not bound by something like that." :rolleyes: 🤬

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carladanita.075