Revalidated paper tickets

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by StevePER, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Is revalidating a paper ticket really just sticking a hand-written post-it note to the ticket? Seems very dodgy!

[​IMG]

2. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Yep, that's all revalidation of paper tix entails. :)

3. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Not quite, you have to travel to one of their offices, normally at the airport, pay for parking queue up, pay any applicable change fee, they pot the dodgy post it note on it. Then you go on with the rest of your day, whats left of it.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Actually, those sticky's are controlled documents; not for public use.

It's really supposed to be placed over the flight it's replacing, note how the column dimensions line up.

PS> I would remove the Amex CC number from the image if I were you ...

5. Keith009

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    The last time I did a QF revalidation was at a Qantas Travel Centre 5 mins by tram from where I lived. This was to put a date to an open dated ticket (issued by QF). No charge, but $25 fee if I were to change the date after dodgy post it note was stuck on the ticket. OTOH SQ didn't require me to have open dated tickets revalidated and I simply rocked up and checked in with blank tickets with merely origin/destination and carrier info. Is the difference due to the fact that SQ stores an image of my paper ticket in their system whereas QF doesn't do the same?

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Too late! Credit card charges from Seychelles, Bahamas, Lagos, St Petersburg and downtown Bangkok have started appearing on the credit card.

7. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Just as well it has a high limit :!:

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    With paper tickets, QF telephone res do not have the full details of the ticket rules available to them and can make reservations which do not comply with the rules of the ticket which is why they make the proviso that the changes are subject to revalidation. On presenting the ticket , the staff can see the fare basis and ( if applicable ) the tour code and find the precise rules to the ticket and so fulfil the validation process

On arrival at the check in desk, the agent there has a validated ticket and doesn't need to worry about whether any difference between the ticket coupon and the reservation is ok

If SQ have the ticket image then the telephone staff can validate the change there and then and so no need for revalidation at airport/sales centre

Dave

9. Keith009

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Oh I don't really know if SQ stores the ticket image - was just citing it as a possible explanation for not needing to revalidate open dated SQ paper tix vs the inability to do the same with QF. Sure sounds like it though.

10. StevePER

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Bugger, I thought I was being so careful.

11. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I thought the same when I had some flights changed in Malaysia. Sticking a post-it note looked quite dodgy - but hey, it worked, never mind the detail on the post-it note was wrong :)

12. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Dont worry Steve, I ordered a Wide Screen TV from Rick Hart via their web page using the amex number. All good, their delivering it tommorrow.:D

13. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You could at least invite Steve to the first party :!: :cool:

14. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Nah, seeing he paid for it, he may think he can then take it home. Looks good though

15. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    At least send him a picture.:mrgreen:

16. StevePER

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    So have you received it yet? I would like to see it.