Rejoining Qantas Club | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Rejoining Qantas Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd089

Nedd some advice from all the sages out there. I am looking to rejoin QC after letting it lapse some 18 months ago as I was gold FF. Now that has lapsed as well I have little option but to rejoin.

As a university employee I can get corporate rates but all involve paying the rejoining fee (yet again). Any offers around that :cry: people can point me to. I have 3 overseas trips in the next 12 months and really would like lounge access during these.

Cbd

knoxd

G'day,

most universities have a QC corparate account. My suggestion is to call central admin. Someone in finance at my uni deals witq the QC accounts. You simply need to get the account number to put on your QC form..

its usually around $395. which is about the same as the annual fee to remain in QC. However the annual fee when in a uni program is only $195/year...

If your gold QFF has run out you don't get the option to renew QC. You must join from the start as though you weren't a member beforehand.

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
cbd089, agree with knoxd, I see that as your best way. Once it's lapsed (like golf or club memberships), you need to pay the rejoining fee.

A less palatable way is to simply fly until you reach Gold again and no joining fee payable in that circumstances...but really not appropriate in your circumstance...

cbd089

Thanks

Thanks folks...I just picked up the thread concerning AA Plat Challenge. If I took my first trip to London via the states with AA would this be any benefit? (Brisbane-La-New York-London return.) :?

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
cbd089, since you're probably still on line, we really need your exact itinerary, booking class (don't just state economy, give us the exact sub-class of economy like L or LONE4, or ask your Travel Agent) and airlines. I presume as a start, it's something like:

SYD,MEL or BNE/LAX/JFK/LHR/SYD,MEL or BNE

Now don't fly BA over the Atlantic (JFK/LHR) as you'll only earn 25% (assuming you're flying economy) - you'll want to ensure that you fly AA (or the AA codeshare) to pick up the maxium status earning.

AA Earning Chart
BA Earning Chart
QF Earning Chart

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Note that when you reached Gold FF status, you previous paid Qantas Club membership will have been put on hold for the duration of your Gold status (which includes complementary Qantas Club membership).

Then when your Gold FF status ceases, your paid Qantas Club membership should be reinstated for remainder of the period that was put on hold. So check with Qantas and see if it is still valid and hence the option to renew rather than rejoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AD82