Reissue of DONE4

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by aus_flyer, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    If I purchase a DONE4 outside Australia, on say AA stock, can Qantas (or AA) in Australia reissue the ticket if I want to reroute?

If I've already commenced travel, does the lower (overseas) fare continue to apply?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If it's a eticket AA can reissue over the phone. Any OW carrier can reissue, so you could get QF to reissue is you have to, however you will get fuel fines applied for the remaining sectors

Once travel has commenced , then the fare is set and reissue will not affect it

Dave

3. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    OK great. Thanks.

My problem is that I want to buy it in Japan, but they will not post the ticket to Australia, so I'm thinking about leaving out the sectors which force it to be paper, commence travel, and then get it reissued in Australia with the sectors that require it to be paper.

Can it switch from being an eticket to a paper ticket?

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    What you are proposing is what I would recommend to someone wanting to purchase an ex-NRT DONE4. If it needs to be reissued as paper , that is not a problem

Dave

5. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Qantas (Australia) mentioned that it might be a problem that I don't have a credit card with a Japan address.

Do you think this is likely to be a problem?

If QF won't do it, hopefully AA will.

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Go directly to AA - do not pass the QF office do not collect excessive fuel surcharges...

7. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    What Simongr said. Avoid Qantas as if it had the plague. AA NRT will take your card. Just phone the AA ATW desk and make the booking

Dave

8. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    Once travel commences, what will be the charge in adding additional sectors over and above the 16 sectors eticket limit?
    Since it will then be a paper ticket, would it be better to wait until you need to use that additional sectors before requesting it?

9. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    The change fee is about $200.
    Will be including 20 sectors. Will definitely be including 20 sectors. Crazy not to.

10. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    The fee for a reissue is USD125 (approx AUD142 at current ROE). If , when you reissue, there are less than 16 sectors on the remainder, then if they set their minds to it then they can reissue it as an eticket if your journey is on an eticketable route

Dave

11. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The re-issue charge for a OneWorld explorer is US$125.

If you re-issue after flying the first 4 sectors, it will remain e-ticket capable since only 16 sectors will remain.

12. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    It won't be eticketable because of some of the sectors I want to include.

13. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    That's indeed good news for me as I have flown 5 sectors and the rest can still be eticket as well. Is it US$125 per additional sector added or overall up to 20?

14. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Its US$125 per re-issue. So make as many changes as you want, and then re-issue once for a single US$125 fee.

Note that some airlines and airline offices may choose to charge you a service fee on top of the US$125 stipulated in the fare rules. Some BA locations are known for doing that.

15. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    Thanks NM. Will AA US ATW desk charge any service fee on top?

16. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No, they should just charge the US$125 change fee. This is another god reason to try to keep the ticket to e-ticket capability.

17. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    #17 aus_flyer, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
    AA won't issue the ticket. They say that in Japan it has to be issued by the airline of the first sector! Never come across that before!

I'll have to issue it with CX instead. I'm thinking that I should keep the itin to a minimum, and reissue with AA in Australia with extra sectors, down the track.

What happens to the fare calculation if I want to change it to, say, a DONE5?

18. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    How did u try to make the booking? Did you call the AA ATW desk in the US? If not, make the res there and then just call AA NRT to issue

Dave

19. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Ring back and get another agent. Or insist firmly to the contrary next time you get that response. I've only ever encountered one agent that told me to go to the first operating carrier, and from posts on FT it looks like it's the same person, but she always gives in eventually. ;)

20. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I had AA issue a paper DONE4 ticket where the first flight is on QF.

I think some TAs might think that it needs to be issued by the first carrier as our US TA ticketed the current one with CX as first flight was meant to be on CX - switched to QF in the end ;)