Record transfer time to Krysflier from Altitude Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Established Member
Priori to the recent "upgrade of Westpac banking" my last transfer took 3 days to get to Krysflyer

The other day it took an hour!!

At least something seems to now go in our favour with an "enhancement"!!!

Make a big difference getting those SG suites ;)

As a reference point, I initiated a transfer on Saturday afternoon and after your post, I was hopeful that it wouldn't take the three business days the Altitude website displayed it would. Points posted now (Monday, around 4.30pm) and the two seats I was eyeing were still available so I finalised the booking just now. Very happy.

As a further reference, the Velocity points I transferred at the same time have not posted yet.

Well done Peter78.

Makes a huge difference in grabbing suites or those available saver fares

Well done!!

I've found velocity points posted overnight for me. Quite impressed.

I've found velocity points posted overnight for me. Quite impressed.

The Velocity points posted on Tuesday around lunch time, so a turn-around of a business day and half. Maybe initiating the transfer on a weekend is not ideal, then again there might also have been a delay between the points going into my wife's account and then family-pooled into mine.

It is interesting to see how, despite SQ and VA-points having the same value within Altitude, there are some differences: purely looking at points, the one-way redemption in J for Virgin was more expensive than the one-way redemption in Suites/ First on SQ (125K vs. ~112K ea.). Then again, taking surcharges etc. into the equation, you are looking at $82 (VA) and 350 Euro (SQ) ea. respectively. Both countries we have chosen to depart from (Australia [$55?] and Germany) have a reasonably high departure tax but I guess fuel surcharges come into play.

Either way, very happy and we can't wait for March. The only down-side is that flying SQ to Europe would have given us an hour or so more to experience First/ Suites, due to the head winds, but nothing was available. Ah well, first-world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back