Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QR J in Doha - which lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Flying in and out of Doha on QR in J. SWMBO is QF SG. Lounge options and recommendations please?

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I think the new airport is (finally) open there? In that case no suggestions (only experienced the old airport where J lounge and options for OneWorld Emerald were pretty ordinary).

Look forward to a report on what you find!

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I'm also hoping by then the A350 will be doing the DOH -> PER sector. Fingers crossed.

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I'm also hoping by then the A350 will be doing the DOH -> PER sector. Fingers crossed.
When are you travelling? I'm on the same leg in feb and march and it's looking all 773 from here.

Will be happy to report back on 3 and 8 hour layover recommendations following departure...

browski

Established Member
I went to all 3 QR lounges in Doha a few weeks back; but that was because I didn't know which one I was supposed to attend. Anyway as a Sapphire flying economy, the lounge I was allocated, was indeed the finest lounge I had ever visited. The architecture alone was worth the visit. Simply huge, spacious, and sophisticated. Enjoy.

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
When are you travelling? I'm on the same leg in feb and march and it's looking all 773 from here.

Will be happy to report back on 3 and 8 hour layover recommendations following departure...
Not flying that till very early July.

From the reading I've done, the A350 is going to Frankfurt first. However, releases also have suggested it will be on the Perth route in "early 2015".

I eagerly await your reports :)

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
What was the one you were in called?

I went to all 3 QR lounges in Doha a few weeks back; but that was because I didn't know which one I was supposed to attend. Anyway as a Sapphire flying economy, the lounge I was allocated, was indeed the finest lounge I had ever visited. The architecture alone was worth the visit. Simply huge, spacious, and sophisticated. Enjoy.

Limewood

Established Member
From what info there is, it sure looks like the Qr flight DOH/PER will be the new A350, we'll been on it Sept. Pity the bar is not like the large EK 380 one :)

Looking forward to tryout that lounge too.

Limewood

Established Member
Looks that seals QR over EY for my trip to a couple of the 'Stans later this year :). Thanks to Daver6 for raising the subject!
Well if your QR DOH/PER flight could be Sept 29th, hope the bar they do have on board is fully stocked up :D

Not flying out of PER until next afternoon either.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Well if your QR DOH/PER flight could be Sept 29th, hope the bar they do have on board is fully stocked up :D

Not flying out of PER until next afternoon either.
Yet to book, and its going to be a points flight ... and there's always the pesky client to work around ... but WILL keep that date in mind. Need to start planning soon, anyway :)

blu

Last edited:

blu

That would be correct as there are supposed to be OWE and OWS lounges for Y pax (but not open yet?).
During December it was reported on FT that there was "a portable sign up saying OWE and OWS can access the El Mourjan Lounge".

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
That would be correct as there are supposed to be OWE and OWS lounges for Y pax (but not open yet?).
During December it was reported on FT that there was "a portable sign up saying OWE and OWS can access the El Mourjan Lounge".
I see, can't wait to try out the lounge this year.. Tried the first class lounge in the old premium terminal in 2014 and it was fantastic so this one must even better!

Nizar

Established Member
I see, can't wait to try out the lounge this year.. Tried the first class lounge in the old premium terminal in 2014 and it was fantastic so this one must even better!
The Al-Safwa Lounge (F lounge) is supposed to be open in the first half of the year, so if you can delay your travel until then, I would.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16