QFF Newsletter - Interesting Observations

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by bambbbam2, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bambbbam2

bambbbam2 Active Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Perth, WA
    Found these items rather cryptic in the newsletter: Was this always the case? :confused:

Discounts on Award flight connecting services

Did you know, you can often take advantage of Qantas Award flight offers even when they originate in other cities? For instance, if you live in Sydney and we have a 20% off Award flight offer from Darwin to Denpasar (Bali), you receive 20% off points on the entire journey - Sydney-Darwin-Denpasar.

and

Use points on Jetstar StarClass

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can now use your points for an Award flight in Jetstar's premium StarClass on international flights. The points required will be equivalent to Qantas Business Class however until 1 May 2007 you will receive a 20% discount

[/FONT]

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Yup. I guess QFF has decided to advertise how it works given they haven't been able to make the points charge work the way they intended.

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    #3 simongr, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
    That sounds like a very expensive award. Do we think Starclass is worth 80% of a Skybed?

4. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or after May 1, 100% of of a Skybed?

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Yes. Most of my award bookings have been utulising this feature and many other, supposedly non bookable, features available on the QF award booking engine.

6. futaris

futaris Established Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Brisbane
    Incidentally, not EVERYTHING that you can book through the system, will actually go through. If you really want to try rorting the system, book:

FCO-LHR-AMS-LHR-BRU-LHR-OSL-LHR-MAD-LHR-VIE-LHR-CDG-LHR-SIN

I had a thread on Flyertalk about this. Shame you can't actually transit a city more than once. However, if you want to fly around to lots of Australian cities, connect from/to an International Flight, and you can do overnight stopovers, as long as you leave within 24hrs.