QFF award booked on CX

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific Asia Miles' started by hardya, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. hardya

hardya Intern

Oct 19, 2003
    On the QF online awards booking engine, are some/all award seats on CX hidden, and only available via telephone bookings?

For example, there are never any seats available between HKG and KIX or vice versa, even 11 months out (on QF's online awards booking system).

From HKG to TPE there are never any seats available on CX; yet if I try to book a SYD-TPE award flight, it comes back with routing via HKG and shows availability on CX between HKG and TPE (even though for the same date, trying to book only HKG-TPE results in nil seats available).

Is there any online tool to find the real availability for QF FFP on CX?

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It has been noted for a few months there are problems with award availability in regard to the online booking engine for CX. It used to work quite well. I'm sure this problem with CX will be fixed.

FWIW, people have reported being able to have the 2½K point 'phone award booking 'fee' waived due to this issue.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've also had this issue.

I noticed that if you're a AsiaMiles member, that you can see availability on the CathayPacific site for award tickets.

Never followed up with Qantas as to whether this availability flowed through to Qantas FF members - but I assume that some/all of it would.