QFF at ratio of 1 for 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netaddict

I'm currenlty looking at dropping my CBA Platinum Mastercard for various reasons (Basically don't need 2 Platinum cards & will keep AMEX).

Besides Woolworths Ezy Banking Mastercard and CBA's Platinum what other Visa or Mastercards are out there that allow you to redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points at the ratio of 1 for 1?

ANZ Gold card provides a ratio of 1 point per dollar spent, and when your account is paid they automatically transfer the points to your QFF account.

Further to previous post, read http://www.anz.com/australia/persbnk/prdsrv/credit/range/qtv/qtv.asp

Receive 5,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points* Customers who apply online, are approved and activate their card by 5pm (AEST) 31 October 2005 will receive 5,000 Bonus Points.

Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points*.
Earn Bonus Points when you make purchases at Bonus Partners Australia-wide, including Qantas.
Points are automatically credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Up to 55 days interest free on purchases.

With Amex Plat and ANZ Gold everything seems to be covered insofar as QF is concerned.

Why would one want the ANZ Card?

There is a high annual fee, there is a limit on the number of points you can accrue. Nothing beats the Woolworths Ezy Card.

Comparing the two products:

EZY CARD
Annual Fee - $39 p.a. for 2 cards
Points Accrual - Unlimited 1:1

ANZ FREQUENT FLYER VISA GOLD
Annual Fee - $150 or $215 (for two cards)
Points Accrual -
* One point for every dollar up to $2,500 spent.
* One point for every two dollars over $2,500 spent, up to and including a maximum monthly spend of $10,000.
Maximum = 6,250 pts per month (+ any bonus points you might earn)

ANZ FREQUENT FLYER VISA
Annual Fee - $95 or $160 (for two cards)
Points Accrual -
* One point for every dollar up to $1,500 spent.
* One point for every two dollars over $1,500 spent, up to and including a maximum monthly spend of $5,000.
Maximum = 3,250 pts per month (+ any bonus points you might earn)

Of course the GOLD Card may come with additions like the Insurance etc... but if you really wanted that stuff, fork out the little extra for the CBA Platinum and at least you will earn 1:1 unlimited.

Anyways, just my thoughts...

Paul

Agreed,

Also

The ANZ card is a ripoff - 18.50% interest
Woolworths - 16.50%

Paul
Afer reading your reply about the ANZ Gold I have just applied for a Woolworths Ezy Card, and will be cancelling my ANZ Gold card when I receive the new one. After checking I see how the Ezy card outways the benefits of the ANZ card, not only the annual subscription but the points too.
Thanks

Maca44 said:
Paul
Afer reading your reply about the ANZ Gold I have just applied for a Woolworths Ezy Card, and will be cancelling my ANZ Gold card when I receive the new one. After checking I see how the Ezy card outways the benefits of the ANZ card, not only the annual subscription but the points too.
Thanks
Whave you considered the travel insurance that is included with the ANZ gold Visa?

Maca44 said:
Paul
Thanks

Maca44 - I hope i didnt bully you into making a decision.

However, in my opinion, unless you need all the fringe benefits of the gold card, like the travel insurance etc, then the Woolworths card is THE BEST for points accrual at the best price (excluding amex products!).

So i think you have made a wise choice. Afterall, the $100++ you are saving is probably adequate to buy your travel insurance if you do travel.
Dont forget that the insurance generally only applies when you pay for the full cost of the airline ticket on the credit card - so you cant fly with points and expect to get free travel insurance.

Hope i helped and didn't railroad u.

Paul

browski said:
Agreed,

Also

Woolworths - 16.50%

If you can't pay off the entire balance each month, you shouldn't be looking at these high end points cards in the first place... :2cents

Paul
No pressure whatsoever as only a fool makes decisions without careful consideration, and I thank you for your advice. I am not interested in the insurance cover the ANZ Gold provides and I pay my card in full each month. I am happy to pay travel insurance when I need it, and I am looking into an annual policy which would alleviate everything. I average about $5K per month on the Gold card and never realised I was getting less FF points after the first $2,500. I've had Amex since 74' and have changed that to a rewards maximiser. If I use the cards, I may as well get all the benefits.

I would have gone the AmEx 1.5 points Gold Maximiser. Free membership for one/first year and unlimited points.

Regards
Daniel

Danielh
That's what I did do. I have changed from Amex Gold to the Amex Gold Rewards Maximiser Card, and even considered the Amex Platinum Credit Card but I do not need the bells and whistles with the added extras on the Plat card and save a couple of hundred dollars a year. When I read the Amex site it would appear the Rewards Max' card only comes in gold. The only reason I changed to the Ezy card was to cover times when Amex is not accepted.

I applied for the Woolworths Ezy card on 12th September, and signed a declaration etc and returned it to application centre at Ezy.

Ezy card indicate that once the application is approved I would receive the new Ezy MasterCard within 10 working days. As I had not received the card I contacted them about two weeks after the application and was advised that as all my personal and business banks accounts are with CBA that my application was approved within two days and that I should receive the card within the next couple of days. So far, I have contacted them on no less than four occasions and each time they say that I shold receive the card within a couple of days. Due to the delay I even suggested that I would wait for the card but they should consider waiving the annual fee for the first year, but I had more chance of winning lotto twice in a row than them doing that.

The main reason for wanting this card is that until I read some of the posts on this board I was not aware that with my ANZ Visa card I only received 1:1 FF point up to $2500, and .5 ff point after that amount.

Needless to say, I have cancelled the application for the Ezy card.

I can't complain about the service because there was none, so if anyone is thinking of applying for the Ezy card ensure you allow at least five weeks for the application to be processed and hopefully you will receive your card.

I will now use my Amex Rewards Maximiser as primary card; keep the ANZ Visa for those occasions where Amex is not accepted, and ensure that I don't go over $2500 each month on the Visa.

With the amount of competition by financial institutions to get new customers one would think Woolworths Ezy Bank would try a little bit harder.

When I applied for the Woolworths Ezy Bank MasterCard I suffered a similar experience. But my perseverance eventually paid off and the card was issued. When I applied for an increase in credit limit the same frustrating experience again.

When my father applied for the card exactly the same experience but after numerous telephone calls to check the progress of his application canceled his application out of sheer frustration.

However my personal view is that the Woolworths Ezy MasterCard is currently the best overall value credit card in the marketplace and is well worth applying for.

Sheriff

d00t said:
browski said:
Agreed,

Also

Woolworths - 16.50%

If you can't pay off the entire balance each month, you shouldn't be looking at these high end points cards in the first place... :2cents

Not wrong about that. Last month I had a payment to my card arrive a bit late (not sure why, but my payment must have decided to go on an intergalactic tour while making its way through the BPay system).

The interest charge was quite astounding for that :(

Sheriff said:
When I applied for the Woolworths Ezy Bank MasterCard I suffered a similar experience. But my perseverance eventually paid off and the card was issued. When I applied for an increase in credit limit the same frustrating experience again.

When my father applied for the card exactly the same experience but after numerous telephone calls to check the progress of his application canceled his application out of sheer frustration.

However my personal view is that the Woolworths Ezy MasterCard is currently the best overall value credit card in the marketplace and is well worth applying for.

Sheriff

Maybe you guys should compalin to Woolworths about this. I understand that all this processing is done by CommBank, and I am sure WW would like to know just how their customers are being treated by CommBank.

(Then again, having written a complaint to WW, you may be completely ignored like I was)

I'm surprised that some people have cancelled their application out of frustration at the time taken to process the application.

Is that not like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

If the objective was to move to a better points redemption card then cancelling the application won't achieve that objective.

Surely that is just a case of emotion ruling the head.

Anyway....the way the rules constantly change with these cards, if you hold onto one card long enough, it will eventually come back into vogue.

browski said:
Anyway....the way the rules constantly change with these cards, if you hold onto one card long enough, it will eventually come back into vogue.
Maybe that what Sheriff is worried about. :roll: However, If they did change the T&C after applying he could always send it back.

Really, as it is relatively inexpensive, indeed, the cheapest QF reward card available, maybe it would have beem better to wait.

BYW, I do not have one of these, but I do have an Ezy Banking card. My use of this at Safeway, Caltext/Safeway, Dan Murphies, Big W etc gleans me over 6,500 points PA at no additional expense.

Woolworth Ezy Card

After receiving great assistance from posting on this issue I applied for the Woolworth Ezy Masercard on Sept 12. When I did not hear anything from then concerning the application, and after several phone calls to their customer service section, I again contacted them on October 8th, and cancelled the application.

However, after cancelling the application I just received the new Ezy card and pin number. I then contacted Ezy Card CSO who could not explain why it had been sent. Needless to say, it would still appear to be cheapest card on the market at the moment, so I bit the bullet and kept it. It just goes to show, slow things come to those that wait. With all the profit the CBA has reportedly made over the past 12 months one would have thought they could get their act together. I have cancelled my ANZ Gold Qantas Visa card and now only have the Amex Rewards Maximiser and the Ezy card, and btw the two cards I am covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back